Clerkship Chances/Strategy Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Clerkship Chances/Strategy

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:16 pm

Top 10% to 20% (of the two, probably closer to top 20%) at DNCG
Law Review, Executive/Senior Board (Non EIC, SAE)
V5 Satellite Office
Essay recommended for publication (very likely to be published) in a practitioner journal

I applied narrowly this year and struck out, but I am going to expand my applications this year--so this will be after working for a firm for a year (current 3L). Looking for thoughts on chances (at Fed District and COA) and any tips for making this year's applications more effective. I appreciate any insight or help you can give me!

Anonymous User

Re: Clerkship Chances/Strategy

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:20 am

OP here, going to give this one bump to see if I can get any comments. If not, I'll let it die.

bruinfan10

Silver

Post by bruinfan10 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:51 am

Last edited by bruinfan10 on Thu May 08, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:26 am

Yeah, I would say that the issue the first time around was probably applying narrowly, rather than your qualifications. And more judges seem to like alumni candidates, which would work in your favor.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”