Class registration and books... Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
Lizzish

New

Class registration and books...

Post by Lizzish » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi, all! I'm excited about moving to WS and starting at Wake next month. I was wondering if anyone knew when we would find out more about our schedules and classes (so we can buy books and plan accordingly). Will we not know until August 17th? Also, any rising 1Ls have kids who are along for the ride? I have a 2-year-old moving to Winston with me and would love to find fellow law students who are parents and can commiserate with me. I mean have playdates :wink:

YankeesFan

Silver

Re: Class registration and books...

Post by YankeesFan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:41 pm

If you go to WIN, Virtual Campus, there should be a link to the bookstore. Click "Buy Textbooks" and, starting on Aug. 3rd, it will start listing books for classes and sections, provided that the professor gave the bookstore their syllabus.

However, you can buy some supplements now. Things like E&E's are standard and will be pretty helpful no matter what professor you have. Note that some professors may have a specific one that they like on their syllabus though.

Edit: There is a discount code for 50% off E&E's on the Wake Class of 2015 FB page.

tstyler98

Bronze

Re: Class registration and books...

Post by tstyler98 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:09 am

Lizzish wrote:Hi, all! I'm excited about moving to WS and starting at Wake next month. I was wondering if anyone knew when we would find out more about our schedules and classes (so we can buy books and plan accordingly). Will we not know until August 17th? Also, any rising 1Ls have kids who are along for the ride? I have a 2-year-old moving to Winston with me and would love to find fellow law students who are parents and can commiserate with me. I mean have playdates :wink:
Class schedules last year were posted right about now. They do caution you that you shouldn't buy your books because your section could be switched right up until classes start (if someone drops out, etc.). But as a 3L, I've never actually heard of this happening to anyone. If you want to be cautious, there are some books that are the same for everyone (usually the books for Legal Writing).

If you don't want to buy supplements, or you want to wait to buy only those you might actually use, there are supplements for all the 1L classes (and many of the upper level classes) on reserve at the library (check them out from the Circulation desk). The only stipulation is you have to use them in the library and can only check them out for 4 hours at a time (though you can usually check it right back out). I bought lots of supplements for 1L year and some were useful, and some were not as useful. Being able to use the ones at school are nice, and way less expensive.

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”