W&L c/o 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Where are you living?

Generals Retreat
20%
Apartment downtown
30%
House downtown
No votes
Pikes Place
10%
Out of Town
20%
Other?
20%

Total votes: 10

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Re: W&L c/o 2015

Post by mcdeeremitch » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:32 pm

anjmissy wrote:directv was offering me a great 29.99 price for tv but i was told i couldnt put a dish on a downtown building..sooo..im stuck with comcast..il probably get there 39.99 tv package but i may wait to see if they have any more promotions before i get it..i also just recently contacted dominion to start my power on aug 1st and they quoted me an average $58 a month for that area (downtown apartments), so i guess thats not that bad

also im confused by the whole our deposit being applied to our tuition thing..does that mean our fall refund check will include our deposit money or does it mean that the loans that we requested will be lowered..if that makes any sense.
Thanks...did you get a quote for internet or just the tv portion....and I'm pretty sure our tuition will be lowered by $1500 so when we receive our refund checks it will have an extra 1500

anjmissy

Bronze

Post by anjmissy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:45 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:
anjmissy wrote:directv was offering me a great 29.99 price for tv but i was told i couldnt put a dish on a downtown building..sooo..im stuck with comcast..il probably get there 39.99 tv package but i may wait to see if they have any more promotions before i get it..i also just recently contacted dominion to start my power on aug 1st and they quoted me an average $58 a month for that area (downtown apartments), so i guess thats not that bad

also im confused by the whole our deposit being applied to our tuition thing..does that mean our fall refund check will include our deposit money or does it mean that the loans that we requested will be lowered..if that makes any sense.
Thanks...did you get a quote for internet or just the tv portion....and I'm pretty sure our tuition will be lowered by $1500 so when we receive our refund checks it will have an extra 1500
Just tv..my building provides the net for me..and the whole deposit thing doesn't make sense..lol.so in the end we are exchanging 1500 cash deposit to 1500 from loan money with interest attached

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Post by mcdeeremitch » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:49 pm

anjmissy wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:

Just tv..my building provides the net for me..and the whole deposit thing doesn't make sense..lol.so in the end we are exchanging 1500 cash deposit to 1500 from loan money with interest attached
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure its just like..but you could always adjust how much loans you take out by 1500

wvu

Gold

Post by wvu » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:45 pm

I had Comcast in undergrad and never had a single problem, they were always really great. Obviously could be a regional thing, but I'll be going with them. I'll definitely be taking advantage of whatever "X free months of HBO" offer they have going on.

anjmissy

Bronze

Post by anjmissy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 pm

omg its actually making me sick seeing how much law school books cost, esp since we wont get our schedule until days before class which excludes the possibility of getting them cheaper online =(, to put this in context, i saw one book thats like 190 new at the bookstore and 140 used..online used in a reasonable condition is $30...at least its only one semester of paying these crazy costs, im assuming the other semesters will be cheaper since we'll have our schedules ahead of time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Post by mcdeeremitch » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:49 pm

anjmissy wrote:omg its actually making me sick seeing how much law school books cost, esp since we wont get our schedule until days before class which excludes the possibility of getting them cheaper online =(, to put this in context, i saw one book thats like 190 new at the bookstore and 140 used..online used in a reasonable condition is $30...at least its only one semester of paying these crazy costs, im assuming the other semesters will be cheaper since we'll have our schedules ahead of time.
Im actually going to order pretty much all my books online on the firs day of orientation and just pay for the expedited shipping..They should get here by Wednesday or Tuesday of the first week of school at the latest..and i figure I can suck it up and read the books on reserve in the library or a friends book for a couple of days if it saves me $500+

anjmissy

Bronze

Post by anjmissy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:23 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:
anjmissy wrote:omg its actually making me sick seeing how much law school books cost, esp since we wont get our schedule until days before class which excludes the possibility of getting them cheaper online =(, to put this in context, i saw one book thats like 190 new at the bookstore and 140 used..online used in a reasonable condition is $30...at least its only one semester of paying these crazy costs, im assuming the other semesters will be cheaper since we'll have our schedules ahead of time.
Im actually going to order pretty much all my books online on the firs day of orientation and just pay for the expedited shipping..They should get here by Wednesday or Tuesday of the first week of school at the latest..and i figure I can suck it up and read the books on reserve in the library or a friends book for a couple of days if it saves me $500+
i was actually thinking about this as well until a few current students on the fb group said that was a serious bad idea and that we shouldnt risk not having our materials not even for one day, just think if it gets ther wednesday, thats missing monday tuesday and wednesday work (well not missing but making it a bigger pain to do it without your own stuff)

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Post by mcdeeremitch » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:47 pm

anjmissy wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:
i was actually thinking about this as well until a few current students on the fb group said that was a serious bad idea and that we shouldnt risk not having our materials not even for one day, just think if it gets ther wednesday, thats missing monday tuesday and wednesday work (well not missing but making it a bigger pain to do it without your own stuff)
I was thinking the same thing but I have three roomates so if even one of them buys their books through the bookstore i can read from their books, plus everyone seems friendly enough to let me read their books, so at the end of the day its just a major hassle for 2or 3 days, if that so im just going to deal with it..i can see where you wouldnt want to not have books for a week plus but i think I can handle it for 1 or 2 days

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Post by mcdeeremitch » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:01 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:
anjmissy wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:
I was thinking the same thing but I have three roomates so if even one of them buys their books through the bookstore i can read from their books, plus everyone seems friendly enough to let me read their books, so at the end of the day its just a major hassle for 2or 3 days, if that so im just going to deal with it..i can see where you wouldnt want to not have books for a week plus but i think I can handle it for 1 or 2 days
Plus on the facebook group someone said that they wouldnt recommend waiting 1 or 2 weeks to get them (which i definately agree with) then another guy said he ordered them online and got all but one his books on time using expedited shipping

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

srfngdd6

Bronze

Post by srfngdd6 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:33 pm

hypothetically if you got your schedule the first day of orientation and got 2 day shipping on the books you should ahve them by saturday, i think

anjmissy

Bronze

Post by anjmissy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:47 pm

srfngdd6 wrote:hypothetically if you got your schedule the first day of orientation and got 2 day shipping on the books you should ahve them by saturday, i think
very true..hopefully a 2 day shipping option is available for the ones we need

srfngdd6

Bronze

Post by srfngdd6 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:55 pm

anjmissy wrote:
srfngdd6 wrote:hypothetically if you got your schedule the first day of orientation and got 2 day shipping on the books you should ahve them by saturday, i think
completely forgot that when you buy used on amazon you buy from an individual seller haha although alot of the big sellers on amazon have different shipping options...i havnt even looked, how much is a semesters worth of books

anjmissy

Bronze

Post by anjmissy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:23 pm

srfngdd6 wrote:
anjmissy wrote:
completely forgot that when you buy used on amazon you buy from an individual seller haha although alot of the big sellers on amazon have different shipping options...i havnt even looked, how much is a semesters worth of books
I think between 800 and 1k, from what I've read, that's if u get all new though..when I checked one law book on the bookstore site, the new price isn't much different than a new price on amazon, the uses prices are extremely different tho, but again, you have to risk shipping times..I'll probably jus suck it up for first semester, esp since u can jus bill ur student account for the books

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hookem7

Bronze

Post by hookem7 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:51 pm

My apartment is no longer available, best of luck to everyone at W&L

SPE155

New

Post by SPE155 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Anyone have information on class size at this point? I know at one point it was posted that the email list was down to 160ish, but I just looked through the global contact list and I'm counting 200+ in 2015. I know this is arbitrary and we'll find out soon, but I am curious.

srfngdd6

Bronze

Post by srfngdd6 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:07 pm

SPE155 wrote:Anyone have information on class size at this point? I know at one point it was posted that the email list was down to 160ish, but I just looked through the global contact list and I'm counting 200+ in 2015. I know this is arbitrary and we'll find out soon, but I am curious.
there are people still listed who definitely have deferred

Comoncents

Bronze

Post by Comoncents » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:47 pm

I thought Brett Twitty was gone now???

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Post by mcdeeremitch » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:41 am

Comoncents wrote:I thought Brett Twitty was gone now???
He's not gone he just got promoted to be over the student affairs division

presh

Platinum

Post by presh » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:58 am

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”