CU Boulder Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
Lord Randolph McDuff

Gold

Re: CU Boulder Class of 2015

Post by Lord Randolph McDuff » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:01 pm

best part of the building is the views from the classroom windows. very distracting though.

last year the tour took us to the front door of the library, into one classroom, and to the coffee shop in the cafe area.

JMGuevara12

New

Post by JMGuevara12 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:12 pm

I am about 90% sure I'll be attending CU in the fall. If anyone is going to the ASD on April 13 or will be in Boulder that weekend, do y'all want to look at property or housing? I'm looking to rent a house with some other students and have found a few on Craigslist I'm inquiring about. Even if you already have your own roommates in mind, we can just look at different places.

PM if you're interested!

John Michael

Lindsey4468

New

Post by Lindsey4468 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Okay, scholarship offer came in from CU! So excited and I will definitely be there in the fall :) I found some great housing in Broomfield (7 miles south of Boulder) and I'll be signing a lease there! But yes, I agree the tour was somewhat useless. My group kept running into all of the other groups in the hallways and eventually just ducked into a classroom and gave up. But the student panel was helpful... A bit lengthy, but helpful. Everyone is so extremely nice at the school and you can tell they have a genuine interest in their students. Im so thrilled to be here next fall! PM me if you have any questions about the open house or anything else!

smhaaty

New

Post by smhaaty » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Lindsey4468 wrote:Okay, scholarship offer came in from CU! So excited and I will definitely be there in the fall :) I found some great housing in Broomfield (7 miles south of Boulder) and I'll be signing a lease there! But yes, I agree the tour was somewhat useless. My group kept running into all of the other groups in the hallways and eventually just ducked into a classroom and gave up. But the student panel was helpful... A bit lengthy, but helpful. Everyone is so extremely nice at the school and you can tell they have a genuine interest in their students. Im so thrilled to be here next fall! PM me if you have any questions about the open house or anything else!
You must have been in my tour group, cause that's what mine did. :p

Lindsey4468

New

Post by Lindsey4468 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:34 pm

smhaaty wrote:
Lindsey4468 wrote:Okay, scholarship offer came in from CU! So excited and I will definitely be there in the fall :) I found some great housing in Broomfield (7 miles south of Boulder) and I'll be signing a lease there! But yes, I agree the tour was somewhat useless. My group kept running into all of the other groups in the hallways and eventually just ducked into a classroom and gave up. But the student panel was helpful... A bit lengthy, but helpful. Everyone is so extremely nice at the school and you can tell they have a genuine interest in their students. Im so thrilled to be here next fall! PM me if you have any questions about the open house or anything else!
Haha, quality way to meet your classmates, eh?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

smhaaty

New

Post by smhaaty » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:31 pm

Lindsey4468 wrote:
smhaaty wrote:
Haha, quality way to meet your classmates, eh?
Yes, person I vaguely met a week ago.

wallflower1987

New

Post by wallflower1987 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:26 pm

Status online just changed to decision rendered/letter mailed... does that mean anything? Do you guys know if they mail acceptances, email waitlist/rejections, anything like that? Would love to know! Am down to Nebraska vs. Minnesota (vs. Colorado if they accept me). Have money at the other two, so while I'm at it... are they sending scholarship letters with the admissions decision by now? This is all very presumptuous considering I may not even be accepted lol.

JMGuevara12

New

Post by JMGuevara12 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:50 pm

wallflower1987 wrote:Status online just changed to decision rendered/letter mailed... does that mean anything? Do you guys know if they mail acceptances, email waitlist/rejections, anything like that? Would love to know! Am down to Nebraska vs. Minnesota (vs. Colorado if they accept me). Have money at the other two, so while I'm at it... are they sending scholarship letters with the admissions decision by now? This is all very presumptuous considering I may not even be accepted lol.
They are mailing all of the above to some extents. I have heard of some people receiving waitlists and rejections via snail mail. I personally received my acceptance letter via snail mail. I do not think there is a system or correlation. Also, I have heard that scholarship comes later if you are awarded. This can occur via e-mail or snail mail.

wallflower1987

New

Post by wallflower1987 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:54 pm

JMGuevara12 wrote:
wallflower1987 wrote:Status online just changed to decision rendered/letter mailed... does that mean anything? Do you guys know if they mail acceptances, email waitlist/rejections, anything like that? Would love to know! Am down to Nebraska vs. Minnesota (vs. Colorado if they accept me). Have money at the other two, so while I'm at it... are they sending scholarship letters with the admissions decision by now? This is all very presumptuous considering I may not even be accepted lol.
They are mailing all of the above to some extents. I have heard of some people receiving waitlists and rejections via snail mail. I personally received my acceptance letter via snail mail. I do not think there is a system or correlation. Also, I have heard that scholarship comes later if you are awarded. This can occur via e-mail or snail mail.
So weird... I haven't gotten a letter yet, but just got an email from one of the professors on the admissions board congratulating me on my acceptance... !?! I'm pretty excited, hope it's true, and I really hope they throw some money at me... I'm a little bit shocked...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:44 pm

wallflower1987 wrote:
JMGuevara12 wrote:
So weird... I haven't gotten a letter yet, but just got an email from one of the professors on the admissions board congratulating me on my acceptance... !?! I'm pretty excited, hope it's true, and I really hope they throw some money at me... I'm a little bit shocked...

my guess is you're in. something similar happened to me last year - i got an email for admitted students during the day then found an acceptance letter in my mailbox when i got home. so, congrats!
and i'm happy to answer any questions folks have, i'm a 1L now...

luuma

Bronze

Post by luuma » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:11 pm

WAHOOO!! I'M IN!! Waiting on scholarship info. My body is still in shock. :shock: <-- like this. I'm frozen.

adika86

New

Post by adika86 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:48 pm

luuma wrote:WAHOOO!! I'M IN!! Waiting on scholarship info. My body is still in shock. :shock: <-- like this. I'm frozen.
Congrats!

Also - current students - any advice on finding housing? I'd like to walk / bike to class and am willing to pay a little more to do that as opposed to driving. Also would be interested in looking for roommates if any other c/o 2015 are also looking.

Thanks!

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:22 pm

adika86 wrote:
luuma wrote:WAHOOO!! I'M IN!! Waiting on scholarship info. My body is still in shock. :shock: <-- like this. I'm frozen.
Congrats!

Also - current students - any advice on finding housing? I'd like to walk / bike to class and am willing to pay a little more to do that as opposed to driving. Also would be interested in looking for roommates if any other c/o 2015 are also looking.

Thanks!
LOTS of housing options, most of the fall preleasing is going on now so you might want to start looking, craigslist has a lot of options and only a few are total and obvious scams:) housing helpers has a lot of places, too, but they advertise on craigslist so that's probably the easy place to start...
i rented a house in south boulder but most classmates have apartments near campus. bus system is awesome and biking in a breeze around here. good luck and congrats!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”