William and Mary C/O 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
Bcsmith4

New

William and Mary C/O 2015

Post by Bcsmith4 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Didn't see a thread for this school yet, so I figured I would get it started.

Not 100% certain I will be attending, but it's looking pretty good unless something very strange happens.

I'm looking forward to visiting the school for ASW, Williamsburg seems like a great area.

joebruin2.0

New

Re: William and Mary C/O 2015

Post by joebruin2.0 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:37 am

W'burg is a beautiful area. Some students complain because there aren't any places to party/drink... but the town is nice and you'll have everything you need and most of what you want (unless you want to drink... a lot).

PurplePirate

Bronze

Post by PurplePirate » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:44 am

Bcsmith4 wrote:Didn't see a thread for this school yet, so I figured I would get it started.
You must have not looked very hard then.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=164588

Bcsmith4

New

Post by Bcsmith4 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:28 pm

PurplePirate wrote:
Bcsmith4 wrote:Didn't see a thread for this school yet, so I figured I would get it started.
You must have not looked very hard then.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=164588
.....Uhhh....Acceptance/Denial/Waitlist != Class of 2015 forum

Rdubs

New

Post by Rdubs » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:00 am

Checking in. Who wants to be friends?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

auburnbelle89

New

Post by auburnbelle89 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:40 pm

Visiting the school next weekend. Super excited. Anyone have advice on housing options, restaurants, or bars I should check out when I'm there?

Ubermaus

New

Post by Ubermaus » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:37 pm

auburnbelle89 wrote:Visiting the school next weekend. Super excited. Anyone have advice on housing options, restaurants, or bars I should check out when I'm there?
When I was there in December, a friend took me to Green Leafe, a restaurant/bar near campus. She said it fills up with students, but W&M undergrads are pretty tame. The beer and food were good!

Take lots of photos of the gradplex and report back, ok? :wink:

auburnbelle89

New

Post by auburnbelle89 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:42 am

Will do. I am definitely bringing my camera along. :)

aeiouy

New

Post by aeiouy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Has anyone made a decision on the Gradplex yet? I'm visiting at the end of March, but I feel like the floorplans at the Gradplex just show a mish mash of disproportionately sized rooms. Like the two story four bedroom where one bedroom has a private bathroom?!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

teacozy

New

Post by teacozy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Speaking of the GradPlex, any idea how much it costs? I've poked around on the website several times and haven't been able to find the info even though it's probably right in front of my face.

aeiouy

New

Post by aeiouy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:54 pm

teacozy wrote:Speaking of the GradPlex, any idea how much it costs? I've poked around on the website several times and haven't been able to find the info even though it's probably right in front of my face.
Doubles = $2856
Triples & Quads = $2806
Those are 2011-2012 rates. (per semester)

http://www.wm.edu/offices/residencelife ... /index.php

teacozy

New

Post by teacozy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Thank you! Jeez, it even says right there on the sidebar "Room Rates".

aeiouy

New

Post by aeiouy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Haha, no problem!

I just feel like it's such a gamble; you can wind up with another law student in a double, or you can wind up in a quad sharing one fridge, with one student with a private bath and three students sharing another bathroom. The only one I actually like is the "Archway Apartment" because the bedrooms are split.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AndShe__Was

New

Post by AndShe__Was » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Everything about W&M seems great but I'm a little nervous about the night life. I don't love to party but we're mostly early 20s, it's not like I want to sit in my room studying 24/7. Can anyone shed some light on the Williamsburg area after dark? :?:

mrslaw2014

New

Post by mrslaw2014 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:51 pm

AndShe__Was wrote:Everything about W&M seems great but I'm a little nervous about the night life. I don't love to party but we're mostly early 20s, it's not like I want to sit in my room studying 24/7. Can anyone shed some light on the Williamsburg area after dark? :?:
You won't have a problem finding anything to do. There may not be a lot of bars, but the ones we have are active. As for clubs, we don't have them. Sorry. You can go to Newport News, Richmond, or DC if that is what you are into. It is a social school, though, and there is always stuff going on.

AndShe__Was

New

Post by AndShe__Was » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:55 pm

mrslaw2014 wrote:
AndShe__Was wrote:Everything about W&M seems great but I'm a little nervous about the night life. I don't love to party but we're mostly early 20s, it's not like I want to sit in my room studying 24/7. Can anyone shed some light on the Williamsburg area after dark? :?:
You won't have a problem finding anything to do. There may not be a lot of bars, but the ones we have are active. As for clubs, we don't have them. Sorry. You can go to Newport News, Richmond, or DC if that is what you are into. It is a social school, though, and there is always stuff going on.
I actually just got back from a weekend in Williamsburg and the school and town are exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the response, see ya in the fall!

reillycj

New

Post by reillycj » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:26 pm

Does anyone know which apartment complexes in Williamsburg are popular among the law students? The students I spoke with at ASW mentioned living in New Town...i found this complex online, --LinkRemoved--, it looks extremely nice, close enough to the law school, and is listed at a reasonable price, but I am curious to know where others have considered living.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AndShe__Was

New

Post by AndShe__Was » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:45 am

reillycj wrote:Does anyone know which apartment complexes in Williamsburg are popular among the law students? The students I spoke with at ASW mentioned living in New Town...i found this complex online, --LinkRemoved--, it looks extremely nice, close enough to the law school, and is listed at a reasonable price, but I am curious to know where others have considered living.
I'm wondering about this as well. Everything I'm reading about most of the apartment complexes in Williamsburg are really negative, like Steeplechase and Sterling Manor, even though they look good on the website.

ap613

New

Post by ap613 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Just sent in my deposit so glad I can offically post here now, looking forward to joining you all in the fall.

mrslaw2014

New

Post by mrslaw2014 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:46 am

AndShe__Was wrote:
reillycj wrote:Does anyone know which apartment complexes in Williamsburg are popular among the law students? The students I spoke with at ASW mentioned living in New Town...i found this complex online, --LinkRemoved--, it looks extremely nice, close enough to the law school, and is listed at a reasonable price, but I am curious to know where others have considered living.
I'm wondering about this as well. Everything I'm reading about most of the apartment complexes in Williamsburg are really negative, like Steeplechase and Sterling Manor, even though they look good on the website.
The Pointe at New Town is incredibly nice, as are Steeplechase and Sterling Manor. Most people will tell you to stay away from the Merrimac Trail area. It is kind of the "dumpy" area in town. Not that Williamsburg has any crime, but anything that does happen, happens there. The New Town area in generally is really, really popular. There are apartments at the Pointe and above all of the shops in New Town. There are a couple more complexes out there, including Powhattan on Monticello. Many law students rent out townhouses and condos in there area with roommates. There are some places across from the school on S. Henry (campus court) and a few back in that little neighborhood. There are also quite a few places off Jamestown Rd. (outside of 199) and off 199 between S. Henry and Jamestown. Really, almost anywhere in Williamsburg is close enough.

When you pay your deposit, you will be put in the Class of 2015 facebook group that will help you find roommates and talk about places. Also check Craigslist (Norfolk/Hampton Roads and search Williamsburg). You can log into W&M Off Campus Housing and the law school's housing bulletin will get much more helpful in the next couple months. Oh and you can also search for property management companies in Williamsburg and check out what they have to offer.

Welcome to W&M Law guys!

reillycj

New

Post by reillycj » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:16 pm

mrslaw2014 wrote:
AndShe__Was wrote:
The Pointe at New Town is incredibly nice, as are Steeplechase and Sterling Manor. Most people will tell you to stay away from the Merrimac Trail area. It is kind of the "dumpy" area in town. Not that Williamsburg has any crime, but anything that does happen, happens there. The New Town area in generally is really, really popular. There are apartments at the Pointe and above all of the shops in New Town. There are a couple more complexes out there, including Powhattan on Monticello. Many law students rent out townhouses and condos in there area with roommates. There are some places across from the school on S. Henry (campus court) and a few back in that little neighborhood. There are also quite a few places off Jamestown Rd. (outside of 199) and off 199 between S. Henry and Jamestown. Really, almost anywhere in Williamsburg is close enough.

When you pay your deposit, you will be put in the Class of 2015 facebook group that will help you find roommates and talk about places. Also check Craigslist (Norfolk/Hampton Roads and search Williamsburg). You can log into W&M Off Campus Housing and the law school's housing bulletin will get much more helpful in the next couple months. Oh and you can also search for property management companies in Williamsburg and check out what they have to offer.

Welcome to W&M Law guys!
Thanks for the insight!

I hope there are plenty of other students looking to share housing. For most of these complexes, when you split the cost of a double they seem to be fairly cheap, especially when considering the size of the apartments and amenities provided.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

The63rdMusketeer

New

Post by The63rdMusketeer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:03 am

Sent my deposit on Friday! Will I be getting an email confirmation, facebook group invite, more paperwork to move forward with the process etc. soon?

NoleGirl12

New

Post by NoleGirl12 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:14 am

The63rdMusketeer wrote:Sent my deposit on Friday! Will I be getting an email confirmation, facebook group invite, more paperwork to move forward with the process etc. soon?

You will get an e-mail confirmation that tells you about the deposit but it's not until your deposit is in that you can request/be accepted to the Facebook group. They won't add you into themselves, you have to add them first.

I'm not sure about the rest of the paperwork. This is as far as I've gotten!

ap613

New

Post by ap613 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:52 am

NoleGirl12 wrote:
The63rdMusketeer wrote:Sent my deposit on Friday! Will I be getting an email confirmation, facebook group invite, more paperwork to move forward with the process etc. soon?

You will get an e-mail confirmation that tells you about the deposit but it's not until your deposit is in that you can request/be accepted to the Facebook group. They won't add you into themselves, you have to add them first.

I'm not sure about the rest of the paperwork. This is as far as I've gotten!
Thanks a lot, I also sent in my deposit a week ago and was waiting for the facebook invite, would have never guessed to find it myself. For others looking try here.

NoleGirl12

New

Post by NoleGirl12 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”