Villanova 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
__Belle

New

Re: Villanova 2015

Post by __Belle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Checking in! :D

jcm4657

New

Post by jcm4657 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:00 pm

amandacr wrote:Does anyone have an idea where they'd like to live yet? Students at the ASD recommended the Radnor condos and Radcliffe House, so I'll be looking into those once the roommate list goes up I guess.
Be careful at Radnor House. The condos are rented by private owners but managed by a management company that can be difficult. Will nickle and dime you to death. Locked myself out and had to pay 150 dollars for a guy to come from downstairs to unlock the door. Also have had friends that forgot entry card and guys sitting right there at the door would not let him in even though they see you come and go daily. Some of the rules are ridiculous and they enforce at will each time with fines. This can add up when already on a tight budget.

bmarc1117

New

Post by bmarc1117 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:13 pm

hey guys putting down my deposit soon anyone know where i could buy a t shirt lol I have not seen any t shirts the website only has a sweatshirt.

__Belle

New

Post by __Belle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:32 pm

bmarc1117 wrote:hey guys putting down my deposit soon anyone know where i could buy a t shirt lol I have not seen any t shirts the website only has a sweatshirt.
--LinkRemoved-- :)

alana b

New

Post by alana b » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:56 pm

I'll be there.
Last edited by alana b on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

__Belle

New

Post by __Belle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Has anyone heard anything about when they'll send out the roomie list?

cphal

New

Post by cphal » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:05 pm

__Belle wrote:Has anyone heard anything about when they'll send out the roomie list?
Does anyone know how we can get on that list? lol I am looking for a roommate in the fall and this would be a great resource!

SUCO

New

Post by SUCO » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:38 pm

cphal wrote:
__Belle wrote:Has anyone heard anything about when they'll send out the roomie list?
Does anyone know how we can get on that list? lol I am looking for a roommate in the fall and this would be a great resource!
Yep, check this page:

http://www.law.villanova.edu/Admissions ... using.aspx

melk724

New

Post by melk724 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Yeah I called and asked about the roomie list. They said when everyone seat deposits they will let us know! Hopefully that means next week!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

akarenina

New

Post by akarenina » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:45 am

amandacr wrote:Does anyone have an idea where they'd like to live yet? Students at the ASD recommended the Radnor condos and Radcliffe House, so I'll be looking into those once the roommate list goes up I guess.
haha hey you! Deposit down, we're in there this fall!

CMcCabe12

New

Post by CMcCabe12 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Hey everybody! I'll also be attending in the fall and will be looking for 1 or 2 people to share a place with. Although I expect the roommate list to come out in the upcoming days/weeks, I thought I'd try to get a jump on finding a potential place to live by throwing out a place I looked at online that seems like really good value, and generally received positive reviews from previous tenants.

http://summitphilly.com/

You can look over the info more on your own if you are interested, but I'll include some basic details here. It's near the Manayunk area, which is ~20min or so from school for a drive (I'd assume it's prob ~30-40 if you took train in). Included in the rent is also membership to the community clubhouse which has a bball court, weightroom, pool, and other athletic facilities. It also has an on-site bar & grill, which seems pretty cool. I realize the distance can seem like an inconvenience, and I'm not really too thrilled thinking about it either, but I think that adhering to a carefully designed and strict schedule will make the lost hour or so negligable in the big picture. Additionally, we will also, imo, make up for the transit cost in another respect by paying a comperable rental rate for a much higher quality living space than we could get by choosing a place that might be right next to the law school.

From some of the reviews I read it appears that the available places fill up pretty fast (there may even be a wait list so this might not even be a realistic option) but I think that if we can possibly get something squared away a few weeks faster than if we waited for the roommate list to drop it might give us a slightly better chance to lock a place down (or even a different place if this doesn't work out). So if you read all this and/or checked out the link above and are still interested, shoot me a message and we'll go from there.

SCOTUS40

New

Post by SCOTUS40 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:48 am

Anyone get the email with our Villanova emails, and figure out what to use as a username and password.

__Belle

New

Post by __Belle » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:01 pm

I got my e-mail information through the regular mail. (But this is for the @villanova.edu one...apparently from what I've heard we get a @law.villanova.edu one also?)

My username is just my first initial/last name & the password was in the letter they sent.
Last edited by __Belle on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Villanova3

New

Post by Villanova3 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:03 pm

CMcCabe12 wrote:Hey everybody! I'll also be attending in the fall and will be looking for 1 or 2 people to share a place with. Although I expect the roommate list to come out in the upcoming days/weeks, I thought I'd try to get a jump on finding a potential place to live by throwing out a place I looked at online that seems like really good value, and generally received positive reviews from previous tenants.

http://summitphilly.com/

You can look over the info more on your own if you are interested, but I'll include some basic details here. It's near the Manayunk area, which is ~20min or so from school for a drive (I'd assume it's prob ~30-40 if you took train in). Included in the rent is also membership to the community clubhouse which has a bball court, weightroom, pool, and other athletic facilities. It also has an on-site bar & grill, which seems pretty cool. I realize the distance can seem like an inconvenience, and I'm not really too thrilled thinking about it either, but I think that adhering to a carefully designed and strict schedule will make the lost hour or so negligable in the big picture. Additionally, we will also, imo, make up for the transit cost in another respect by paying a comperable rental rate for a much higher quality living space than we could get by choosing a place that might be right next to the law school.

From some of the reviews I read it appears that the available places fill up pretty fast (there may even be a wait list so this might not even be a realistic option) but I think that if we can possibly get something squared away a few weeks faster than if we waited for the roommate list to drop it might give us a slightly better chance to lock a place down (or even a different place if this doesn't work out). So if you read all this and/or checked out the link above and are still interested, shoot me a message and we'll go from there.

I'm a 1L living in Manayunk... let me know if you have any questions!

JD Janitor

Bronze

Post by JD Janitor » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:18 pm

I followed the link but do not see where I can sign up for thr roommate list. Is anyone interested in self selecting roommates? If so, please let me know. Just send a PM to me.

grovevilleroad

New

Post by grovevilleroad » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Has anyone received scholarship money for books or a living stipend on top of a full tuition scholarship this cycle?

SUCO

New

Post by SUCO » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:44 pm

No one has gotten the roommate list yet right?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cphal

New

Post by cphal » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:26 pm

SUCO wrote:No one has gotten the roommate list yet right?
nope... I really hope it goes out soon though lol

chrmar53

New

Post by chrmar53 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:48 pm

I have been looking to join a facebook group but still haven't found one. Has anyone else found it? Or does anyone want to start one?

JD Janitor

Bronze

Post by JD Janitor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49 am

cphal wrote:
I still have not been able to find this list....where can I sign up?

SUCO

New

Post by SUCO » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:43 pm

JD Janitor wrote:
cphal wrote:
You just email admissions@law.villanova.edu or call (610) 519-7010 and tell them to add you.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CMcCabe12

New

Post by CMcCabe12 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:03 pm

JD Janitor wrote:
cphal wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way JD, but you appear to really be struggling to get your name on the housing list a lot more than you should be lol.

Titansem

New

Post by Titansem » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi all...

For those who are interested, there is now a Facebook group for the Class of 2015. Throughout the spring/summer, this can serve as a great forum for questions/comments about roommates, textbooks, general tips, the area around Villanova, etc.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/371561056224126/

Also, for general updates on events around the school, try the Villanova Law SBA page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/VillanovaSBA

Hope this helps!

theramblinman

New

Post by theramblinman » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:35 am

Has anyone tried to renegotiate their scholarship money following the deposit deadline? Has anyone had any success?

grovevilleroad

New

Post by grovevilleroad » Wed May 09, 2012 1:15 pm

theramblinman wrote:Has anyone tried to renegotiate their scholarship money following the deposit deadline? Has anyone had any success?
grovevilleroad wrote:Has anyone received scholarship money for books or a living stipend on top of a full tuition scholarship this cycle?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”