Georgetown Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
moxy

Bronze

Re: Georgetown Class of 2015

Post by moxy » Mon May 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Has anyone received word on housing assignments (on-campus)?

wildflower88

New

Post by wildflower88 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 pm

I got an email with my housing assignment this morning....

clarion

Bronze

Post by clarion » Thu May 24, 2012 10:52 pm

^Same. Got my housing assignment via email today around 6:30PM EST. Mentioned room number, size/type, (cost lol), but no mention of actual roommate. Nonetheless, just thought I'd put that out there

luxxe

Silver

Post by luxxe » Fri May 25, 2012 12:16 am

Ugh, I haven't gotten mine and it is stressing me out so much :(. Some other people in the fb group haven't gotten theirs either/not that many people have reported getting it yet on either TLS or FB so hopefully they aren't done.

moxy

Bronze

Post by moxy » Fri May 25, 2012 8:33 am

luxxe wrote:Ugh, I haven't gotten mine and it is stressing me out so much :(. Some other people in the fb group haven't gotten theirs either/not that many people have reported getting it yet on either TLS or FB so hopefully they aren't done.
I have not received my housing assignment yet. I emailed the Housing Office, and I was told that they had started sending emails out since last week. I was also told to contact them again if I do not hear from them by Friday (today). I really want to live on campus and this is stressing me out!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

juju96

New

Post by juju96 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:44 am

Just got the email. No word on roommates tho

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Fri May 25, 2012 11:07 am

looks like the university email accounts are active now, have no idea why that made me happy but it did. Hopefully section assignments etc are coming before too long.

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 am

just as a heads up to anyone accepting GradPlus loans the credit check involved is not a standard one, they don't care about your credit score, debt to income or anything like that. All that matters is if you have any adverse items on there, obvious things like foreclosures/bankruptcy but also any accounts in collection no matter how small, any outstanding debt that was charged off in the last seven years or accounts in less than good standing. Late payments don't matter as long as the account is now paid in full or in good standing. So anyone that wants to avoid the headache I endured yesterday should run your credit now at annualcreditreport.com (you get one free one a year) and see if there is anything on there. If there is pay it in full immediately. You could have a sparkling credit score but have one charged off account or something from 2006 and get denied.

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:29 am

Anyone know how to accept the loans offered under MyAccess? I've sent in the blue and yellow financial aid forms, completed the Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling (which it still says is requested). I cannot find where to do the Federal Grad PLUS Loan Entrance Interview because the hyperlink points to the wrong place and the directions only refer to the Entrance Counseling.

I called the financial aid office last week and they said to turn in the blue form to accept the loans, I did that and I still haven't accpeted them per the MyAccess website. I'm getting worried cause the deadline is quickly approaching.

Anyone else having issues?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

luxxe

Silver

Post by luxxe » Fri May 25, 2012 11:35 am

ColtsFan88 wrote:Anyone know how to accept the loans offered under MyAccess? I've sent in the blue and yellow financial aid forms, completed the Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling (which it still says is requested). I cannot find where to do the Federal Grad PLUS Loan Entrance Interview because the hyperlink points to the wrong place and the directions only refer to the Entrance Counseling.

I called the financial aid office last week and they said to turn in the blue form to accept the loans, I did that and I still haven't accpeted them per the MyAccess website. I'm getting worried cause the deadline is quickly approaching.

I was looking through the steps on the ASW/finaid website and it doesn't say anything about having to accept the loans on MyAccess...?

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:37 am

luxxe wrote:
ColtsFan88 wrote:Anyone know how to accept the loans offered under MyAccess? I've sent in the blue and yellow financial aid forms, completed the Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling (which it still says is requested). I cannot find where to do the Federal Grad PLUS Loan Entrance Interview because the hyperlink points to the wrong place and the directions only refer to the Entrance Counseling.

I was looking through the steps on the ASW/finaid website and it doesn't say anything about having to accept the loans on MyAccess...?
All I know is that on MyAccess all of my loans are listed (GradPlus and Staford) and neither have been "accepted". It still says offered.

luxxe

Silver

Post by luxxe » Fri May 25, 2012 11:44 am

ColtsFan88 wrote:
luxxe wrote:

All I know is that on MyAccess all of my loans are listed (GradPlus and Staford) and neither have been "accepted". It still says offered.
If the school told you to turn in the blue form to accept the loans, I'm sure you are fine. It is going to take time to process & the blue form made you specify the exact amount you wanted to borrow. It doesn't even seem to be an option to accept them via MyAccess, like you said. Plus, with detailed instructions listed two places, I'm sure they specified exactly how to actually accept them.

organicchemistry

New

Post by organicchemistry » Fri May 25, 2012 11:50 am

Last edited by organicchemistry on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

organicchemistry

New

Post by organicchemistry » Fri May 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Last edited by organicchemistry on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:11 pm

organicchemistry wrote:

I also forgot to mention, I only did one counseling session and it counted for both federal direct and grad plus loans. If you log into studentloans.gov, and on the left hand menu bar at the very bottom click on "View Previously Completed Counseling" see what it says. My counseling type says "DLP", with a note underneath it saying "DLP indicates Entrance Counseling for Direct Subsidized and Direct Unsubsidized Loans, as well as Direct PLUS Loans has been completed." I think there is also a lag between when you complete this on the student loan website, and when it updates to completed on MyAccess.
Thanks, I was wondering about this too. I completed the entrance counseling, but never the interview. It seemed like they were one in the same but that wasn't clearly stated anywhere.

kicker37

New

Post by kicker37 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Anyone still waiting to hear back about Gewirz housing? Still haven't heard anything, which is pretty depressing.

zylaxice

New

Post by zylaxice » Fri May 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Just heard back about Gewirz housing. Based on the order of people reporting on the Facebook group, they were sending out notices alphabetically. If you still haven't heard though, give the residence life office a call. They were supposed to get all the emails out by the end of the day today.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LeninLunchbox

New

Post by LeninLunchbox » Sat May 26, 2012 2:39 pm

I got my housing offer, but, like the rest of you, it just had a room type and number. Anyone get anything about roommates or when that info will go out?

luxxe

Silver

Post by luxxe » Sat May 26, 2012 6:07 pm

LeninLunchbox wrote:I got my housing offer, but, like the rest of you, it just had a room type and number. Anyone get anything about roommates or when that info will go out?
I don't think anyone knows, but someone made a google doc in the fb group to help us try to figure out!

answer23

Bronze

Post by answer23 » Sat May 26, 2012 7:18 pm

LeninLunchbox wrote:I got my housing offer, but, like the rest of you, it just had a room type and number. Anyone get anything about roommates or when that info will go out?

Didn't get roomate information either.

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Mon May 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Anyone have a link to this FB group?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

organicchemistry

New

Post by organicchemistry » Mon May 28, 2012 8:20 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:Anyone have a link to this FB group?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GtownLawAdmitted

ghancock

New

Post by ghancock » Tue May 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Is anyone else still weighing the pros and cons of Curriculum A vs. B??? I'm wanting to go into biglaw, definitely corporate or tax and possibly international. It seems that Curr. B tends to me geared towards the more PI people, but when I had initially read the discriptions I felt like it would go very well with the international business world we find ourselves in these days. Thoughts??

I'm living in Alexandria, VA and taking the subway in each day. Anyone else living south of DC proper??

organicchemistry

New

Post by organicchemistry » Wed May 30, 2012 11:33 am

Last edited by organicchemistry on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:11 pm

Anyone know how to forward the GTown emails (Law Mail) to an android?

Nvm, just google Georgetown Lawmail forwarding to forward your mail to a gmail account.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”