How Much Better are [T6] Grads than [T25] grads . . . Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
soullesswonder

Silver

Re: How Much Better are [T6] Grads than [T25] grads . . .

Post by soullesswonder » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:54 pm

biggamejames wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:
broken_image

WTF? A Harvard pedigree that looks like that?
1 - She's the worst actress in Hollywood, and it ruins her looks. Which were unremarkable to begin with by actress standards.
2 - The picture isn't working.
Megan Fox has already been mentioned ITT

biggamejames

Bronze

Post by biggamejames » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:58 pm

soullesswonder wrote:
biggamejames wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:
broken_image

WTF? A Harvard pedigree that looks like that?
1 - She's the worst actress in Hollywood, and it ruins her looks. Which were unremarkable to begin with by actress standards.
2 - The picture isn't working.
Megan Fox has already been mentioned ITT
I'd take Fox over Portman. At least Fox knows she's bad and sticks to shitty, dumb movie roles. Portman loves to show up in otherwise well-acted movies and ruin the shit out of them. See, e.g. Closer (wasting Clive Owen's great performance), see also The Darjeeling Limited (wasting Wes Anderson's direction).

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:09 pm

dresden doll wrote:Natalie Portman has one of the most gorgeous faces in Hollywood. Definitely analogous to HYS, right along with Keira.
I've heard Portman isn't nearly as hot IRL. Then again, I'm not sure what constitutes "not as hot".

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:12 pm

worldtraveler wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Natalie Portman has one of the most gorgeous faces in Hollywood. Definitely analogous to HYS, right along with Keira.
I've heard Portman isn't nearly as hot IRL. Then again, I'm not sure what constitutes "not as hot".
If you don't like Portman, how about Shakira as T3? She's supposed to be pretty sharp.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:51 pm

More like PorTTTman!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Curious: why is Megan Fox a skank? She doesn't have any getting-out-of-a-limo pictures or multiple boyfriends.

Mulliganstew

Bronze

Post by Mulliganstew » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:10 am

VoidSix wrote:Curious: why is Megan Fox a skank? She doesn't have any getting-out-of-a-limo pictures or multiple boyfriends.
broken_image

You never saw this story? Besides, if the only role you play in a movie is "girl who fixes a motorcycle upside down so you can see her cleavage," you're a skank by definition.

BradyToMoss

Bronze

Post by BradyToMoss » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
SlipperyPete wrote:If you had to collate all law school grads, how would you integrate HYS or T6 grads with T25 or T50 grads?

Even if I finish 1st in my class at my T25 school, I have no problem buying the notion that every Harvard grad, including the kid who finishes dead last in his class, was better qualified going into law school than I was. There's a reason I got dinged from every school ranked higher than 20 that I applied to.

But I don't think the lowest Harvard grad will have a better understanding of the law than the top grad from my school, just because he had the opportunity to learn from Harvard professors (I'm not implying that there is anybody who would make this drastic of an argument).

If you had to rank every grad from every school for a given year, how would you integrate the [Penn] class with the [Yale] class with the [Emory] class with the [Cooley] class? (Insert whatever school or group of schools in the brackets.)
Are you serious?

When people graduate from law school, they generally have equal knowledge of the law (whether it be Yale or just about any other law school).

That knowledge is pretty much useless to employers.

So they have to train you - whether it be judges or partners.

What distinguishes schools are the rankings.

While firms do enjoy hiring people at the top of a class, there is little difference between them and someone at the middle of a class.

You need to distinguish between "real" differences and "firm perceived" differences in your question.
Even ignoring you're terrible formatting and structure, this is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:30 pm

soullesswonder wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:
If you don't like Portman, how about Shakira as T3? She's supposed to be pretty sharp.
I'd easily take Shakira over Portman and Fox.

And yes, most of them (probably all) are not as goodlooking in RL. But that's hardly a surprise.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”