Berkeley Class Rank? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Yman

New

Berkeley Class Rank?

Post by Yman » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:55 pm

Just completed my 1L year at Berkeley. I know Berkeley does not do class ranks (at least publicly) but is there a general rule of thumb for figuring out where you fall in the class based on your grades? For reference, I finished with 4 HHs (15 units) and 3 Hs (12 units).

liannabrianna

New

Re: Berkeley Class Rank?

Post by liannabrianna » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:20 pm

As I know, it is true that some law schools, including Berkeley, do not publicly disclose class ranks. While it's difficult to determine an exact rank, you can still get a sense of your performance based on your grades. Finishing with 4 HHs and 3 Hs suggests that you've achieved strong grades overall :D Remember that grades alone do not define your worth or potential as a law student :wink: Focus on continuing to learn and grow throughout your academic journey, Good Luck!)

nr320

New

Re: Berkeley Class Rank?

Post by nr320 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:21 pm

Yman wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:55 pm
Just completed my 1L year at Berkeley. I know Berkeley does not do class ranks (at least publicly) but is there a general rule of thumb for figuring out where you fall in the class based on your grades? For reference, I finished with 4 HHs (15 units) and 3 Hs (12 units).
Berkeley does rank students. If you haven't yet, you'll get an email that links to your percentile. As long as you're top 33% or higher (you will be), it tells you; everyone below 33% is not disclosed. You won't be able to disclose that ranking for any purpose other than clerkship or academia applications, but you'll know what it is.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”