Biglaw Background Check

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Post Reply
TWERP34

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:55 pm

Biglaw Background Check

Post by TWERP34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:21 am

So my offer is contingent upon passing a background check. Will two fast speeding tickets and 5 y/o expunged public urination charge get my offer revoked?

Anon-non-anon

Bronze
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Re: Biglaw Background Check

Post by Anon-non-anon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:16 pm

No. Don't stress. Not a C&F lawyer or anything but also saw your other thread. This is minor stuff, and many people have much worse. You're all good.

User avatar
BeeTeeZ

Bronze
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:26 am

Re: Biglaw Background Check

Post by BeeTeeZ » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:27 am

TWERP34 wrote:So my offer is contingent upon passing a background check. Will two fast speeding tickets and 5 y/o expunged public urination charge get my offer revoked?
Was the public urination charge classified as a "sex offense" (i.e., indecent exposure)?

TWERP34

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:55 pm

Re: Biglaw Background Check

Post by TWERP34 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:19 am

BeeTeeZ wrote:
TWERP34 wrote:So my offer is contingent upon passing a background check. Will two fast speeding tickets and 5 y/o expunged public urination charge get my offer revoked?
Was the public urination charge classified as a "sex offense" (i.e., indecent exposure)?
No. Just a misdemeanor.

User avatar
BeeTeeZ

Bronze
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:26 am

Re: Biglaw Background Check

Post by BeeTeeZ » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:05 pm

TWERP34 wrote:
BeeTeeZ wrote:
TWERP34 wrote:So my offer is contingent upon passing a background check. Will two fast speeding tickets and 5 y/o expunged public urination charge get my offer revoked?
Was the public urination charge classified as a "sex offense" (i.e., indecent exposure)?
No. Just a misdemeanor.
Not an issue, you're fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”