Admin & Fed Courts Together Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
aliciacflorrick

New

Admin & Fed Courts Together

Post by aliciacflorrick » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:14 am

Unfortunately, my school only offers Admin and Fed Courts in the fall every year together. Given that they're so vital for clerkships and important to take regardless, which one could I take pass/fail in the same semester without hurting my clerkship chances as much? Should I use the pass/fail on the class that has generally less students? Fed Courts only has around 20 students in the class whereas Admin has 40.

This would be done while having a big editorial position (EIC, SME) on a secondary journal. No extracurricular commitments.

Goldie

Bronze

Re: Admin & Fed Courts Together

Post by Goldie » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:00 pm

I guess I'm not sure I'd do pass/fail for either. They're both important for clerkships (fed cts more than admin law for courts outside of DC) but I'd probably see it as somewhat of a red flag if an applicant took one of them pass/fail.

aliciacflorrick

New

Post by aliciacflorrick » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Lol. All right, so I guess I'll be taking them both for a grade... Of course they only offer complex litigation in the same semester as well.

Wild Card

Silver

Post by Wild Card » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:15 pm

Well, they're classes like any other, so you could take all three in the same semester without issue.

Don't take any pass/fail though. That's pointless, unless you think you'll do poorly in one of them. Which is unlikely, because again they're classes like any other.

aliciacflorrick

New

Post by aliciacflorrick » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:31 pm

I think my concern with taking them all without a pass/fail is that both of those courses have such a small class primarily filled with gunners every year. The diluted competitiveness in larger classes (e.g., Evidence, IP, Ethics) with all kinds of students and more spots for As are not the ones I'm freaked out about.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:49 pm

Could you not take Fed Courts in 2L fall, then Admin in 3L fall?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”