Best Way to Study For Professional Responsibility? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
SowhatsNU

Bronze

Best Way to Study For Professional Responsibility?

Post by SowhatsNU » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:47 pm

Anyone have any suggestions? Do I just read the rules over and over again till my eyes bleed? Read the E&E? Some of it seems intuitive, which blurs the lines between what is common sense and what I actually have to know...

Welp.

Please help me TLS wisdom-givers!

BVest

Platinum

Re: Best Way to Study For Professional Responsibility?

Post by BVest » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:56 pm

SowhatsNU wrote:Anyone have any suggestions? Do I just read the rules over and over again till my eyes bleed? Read the E&E? Some of it seems intuitive, which blurs the lines between what is common sense and what I actually have to know...

Welp.

Please help me TLS wisdom-givers!
Depends on your exam. Ours was mostly MC along the lines of the MPRE, so MPRE practice questions were helpful.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Londonbear

Bronze

Post by Londonbear » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:24 pm

I took the MPRE while I was in PR, and I thought it helped me study for PR as far as understanding straight applications of the rules. But it varies on how your professor teaches it. Mine loved theories, so just pure application of rules would have failed me. This is where examination of past exams is essential. I just added the theories that prof went over during class to justify/support certain applications of the rules.

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:02 am

This was awhile ago now, but back in my LS days, if you pre-registered to take BarBri, they gave you an entire outline and 4 hour lecture and workbook to prepare for the MPRE. I recall just watching the lecture, following along in the materials, and running the practice problems. I spent may 6 hours total studying that way before the exam, and passed it. I was taking PR at the same time but the class wasn't being taught to pass the MPRE, so that little BarBri mini-course was all I needed. Get that, or something like that.

ColoBoul

New

Post by ColoBoul » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:17 am

NotMyRealName09 wrote:This was awhile ago now, but back in my LS days, if you pre-registered to take BarBri, they gave you an entire outline and 4 hour lecture and workbook to prepare for the MPRE. I recall just watching the lecture, following along in the materials, and running the practice problems. I spent may 6 hours total studying that way before the exam, and passed it. I was taking PR at the same time but the class wasn't being taught to pass the MPRE, so that little BarBri mini-course was all I needed. Get that, or something like that.
Exactly this. I'm sure most bar programs, I know themis does, will offer a free mini course for the MPRE as a sort of test drive to get you to like their product/s. As many have said before and I confirm use the free lectures and the practice problems and you should be fine with ~6-12 hours of studying, some need more some need less.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:19 am

I'm pretty sure the OP was asking about their law school PR exam, not how to pass the MPRE.

jrass

Bronze

Post by jrass » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:22 pm

This subject varies more than most depending on the professor. The E&E's are good because it's not feasible to memorize all the comments, and they only talk about certain ones. When you mention Rule 5.1 comment 3(f) it makes it look like you have familiarity with all the comments when you only know 3(f), which is one of those great times when you can trick the grader into giving you more points than you deserve.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”