Taking 13 or 15 credits 1st semester 2L Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BK88

New

Taking 13 or 15 credits 1st semester 2L

Post by BK88 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Hey All,
I'm starting my 2L at a second tier school, top 15% with a decent scholarship. Got some play from OCI but nothing crazy. For fall i'm interning for 16 hours a week with the DA and taking Crim Pro, Corporations, required once a week crim seminar and a journal. All that adds up to 15 credits. I'm debating doing a real estate transactions course as well to bump the total up to 15 credits. Crim is my main interest, real estate is my backup. I'm debating if its too much to take the real estate class.

thoughts?

heavoldgotjuice

Bronze

Re: Taking 13 or 15 credits 1st semester 2L

Post by heavoldgotjuice » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:10 pm

BK88 wrote:Hey All,
I'm starting my 2L at a second tier school, top 15% with a decent scholarship. Got some play from OCI but nothing crazy. For fall i'm interning for 16 hours a week with the DA and taking Crim Pro, Corporations, required once a week crim seminar and a journal. All that adds up to 15 credits. I'm debating doing a real estate transactions course as well to bump the total up to 15 credits. Crim is my main interest, real estate is my backup. I'm debating if its too much to take the real estate class.

thoughts?
Im taking 13 credits this 2L semester. Also on a secondary journal

doctoroflaw91

Bronze

Post by doctoroflaw91 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:47 am

heavoldgotjuice wrote:
BK88 wrote:Hey All,

thoughts?
Im taking 13 credits this 2L semester. Also on a secondary journal
Same. Also on a secondary journal and externing for a judge.

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:52 am

I'm doing 15 but that includes 2 hours of RA and a 1 hour short course with no exam. I wouldn't do 4 exams this semester if I could avoid it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”