Anyone do the LEEWS? How long does it take? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
patspats

New

Anyone do the LEEWS? How long does it take?

Post by patspats » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:15 pm

I am doing the LEEWS before school starts in the fall. Anyone have any idea roughly how long it took them? I'm trying to figure out how much time to allot.

chraruce

New

Re: Anyone do the LEEWS? How long does it take?

Post by chraruce » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:42 pm

patspats wrote:I am doing the LEEWS before school starts in the fall. Anyone have any idea roughly how long it took them? I'm trying to figure out how much time to allot.
+1

chraruce

New

Post by chraruce » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:45 pm

patspats wrote:I am doing the LEEWS before school starts in the fall. Anyone have any idea roughly how long it took them? I'm trying to figure out how much time to allot.
There is a post by Arrow which suggests that it can be done in 2 weeks. He recommends doing it and some other prep book (I think it's Getting to Maybe or some of the Delaney's books), in the two weeks before school starts.
This is second-hand information though, so I'm waiting to see some first-hand responses.

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:26 pm

there's nothing so complicated about regurgitating arguments in a type race that you should pay good money for a course on how to do it. don't bother with getting to maybe or anything else, either. "argue both sides" and "read carefully" aren't brilliant insights, they're common sense.

Lyonsoccer87

Bronze

Post by Lyonsoccer87 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:00 am

I did LEEWS in August right before I started law school and it took about two weeks. I think it could be done in less, honestly. I tell everyone who asks me for advice about law school to do LEEWS. I read GTM and read some othe prep books but LEEWS is the most comprehensive and u can skip the rest.

I attended a T2 finished very close to the top of my class and transferred to a T14 where I have done well. I attribute a large part of my success to LEEWS. The best part of the program is that it gives you concrete steps to tackling an exam that will take away a lot of the anxiety. Some ppl "just get it" or whatever BS, but I found LEEWS very helpful

chraruce

New

Post by chraruce » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Lyonsoccer87 wrote:I did LEEWS in August right before I started law school and it took about two weeks. I think it could be done in less, honestly. I tell everyone who asks me for advice about law school to do LEEWS. I read GTM and read some othe prep books but LEEWS is the most comprehensive and u can skip the rest.

I attended a T2 finished very close to the top of my class and transferred to a T14 where I have done well. I attribute a large part of my success to LEEWS. The best part of the program is that it gives you concrete steps to tackling an exam that will take away a lot of the anxiety. Some ppl "just get it" or whatever BS, but I found LEEWS very helpful
Thanks so much! This is great information because now I can budget my summer time (July and August) to prepare for the patent bar AND law school. Given this time frame for LEEWS, I think I can do it all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”