Barbri mbe practice ?s Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
5ky

Diamond

Re: Barbri mbe practice ?s

Post by 5ky » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:37 pm

ace_of_spades wrote:Any idea as to the average score on the MBE Preview 100 Question Exam? I could not find that info anywhere in the Barbri materials.
not sure, but if you just took it now, the average wouldn't be of any help for you, since it was (optionally) assigned before the course even started.

ace_of_spades

New

Post by ace_of_spades » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:52 pm

5ky wrote:
ace_of_spades wrote:Any idea as to the average score on the MBE Preview 100 Question Exam? I could not find that info anywhere in the Barbri materials.
not sure, but if you just took it now, the average wouldn't be of any help for you, since it was (optionally) assigned before the course even started.
Yea I figured. I was just trying to gauge the difficulty level of the questions. I didn't think they were too bad.

bgdddymtty

Silver

Post by bgdddymtty » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:54 pm

5ky wrote:
Obviously anecdotal, but I took the preview about a week before I took the simulated MBE, and I did 5% better on the preview.

BCLS

Silver

Post by BCLS » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:14 pm

5ky wrote:
That thing has to be easy as hell. I took that in the first two weeks and got around 80%.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:42 pm

BCLS wrote:
5ky wrote:
That thing has to be easy as hell. I took that in the first two weeks and got around 80%.
It's easy-ish, but not THAT easy. I'm assuming you had done quite a bit of pre-study of mbe subjects to get an 80% on it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BCLS

Silver

Post by BCLS » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:51 pm

5ky wrote:
BCLS wrote:
5ky wrote:
It's easy-ish, but not THAT easy. I'm assuming you had done quite a bit of pre-study of mbe subjects to get an 80% on it.
I did a bit of pre-study. I did the amps and read some of the mini outlines. So that is definitely something to consider.

sundevil77

Bronze

Post by sundevil77 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Has anyone here purchased one or more of the MBE practice exams from the NCBE website? I heard from a friend that the questions were substantially easier than his test-prep questions; he saw somewhere on the order of a 15% increase in his raw score. I think it could be helpful to see "real" questions, but I'm also wondering if doing easier questions might lull me into a false sense of security -- Barbri has done a good job of scaring me into studying. Also, each 100-question test costs $50 :x

c3pO4

Silver

Post by c3pO4 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:21 pm

sundevil77 wrote:Has anyone here purchased one or more of the MBE practice exams from the NCBE website? I heard from a friend that the questions were substantially easier than his test-prep questions; he saw somewhere on the order of a 15% increase in his raw score. I think it could be helpful to see "real" questions, but I'm also wondering if doing easier questions might lull me into a false sense of security -- Barbri has done a good job of scaring me into studying. Also, each 100-question test costs $50 :x
barbri includes all the ones available on NCBE website for sale. they are embedded throughout MPQ2 -- you'll notice it is easier

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:28 pm

c3pO4 wrote:
sundevil77 wrote:Has anyone here purchased one or more of the MBE practice exams from the NCBE website? I heard from a friend that the questions were substantially easier than his test-prep questions; he saw somewhere on the order of a 15% increase in his raw score. I think it could be helpful to see "real" questions, but I'm also wondering if doing easier questions might lull me into a false sense of security -- Barbri has done a good job of scaring me into studying. Also, each 100-question test costs $50 :x
barbri includes all the ones available on NCBE website for sale. they are embedded throughout MPQ2 -- you'll notice it is easier
How do you know those are the same ones? Just curious, since I was going to buy the ones on the NCBE website

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

c3pO4

Silver

Post by c3pO4 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:00 am

5ky wrote:
c3pO4 wrote:
How do you know those are the same ones? Just curious, since I was going to buy the ones on the NCBE website
I emailed Barbri

sundevil77

Bronze

Post by sundevil77 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:19 pm

c3pO4 wrote:
5ky wrote:
c3pO4 wrote:
I emailed Barbri
Nice! Thanks for the info! That saves the $100 I was going to spend on more Q's. Now where can I go blow that money I just "saved" . . .

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”