The Supplements Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
MauriceGains

New

Re: The Supplements Thread

Post by MauriceGains » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:17 pm

I've only used E&Es and a couple of Siegel's thus far.

E&Es
- Civ.Pro.: Didn't touch it, my professor laid out everything amazingly well.
- Con.Law: Only six weeks in, but not a boost at all so far. One Ronnie out of five.
- Contracts: Helpful, but I can imagine others are better. A great professor and lots of extra review sessions made the difference. Two and a half Ronnies out of five.
- Crim.Law: Excellent so far, but I'm only 1/3 of the way into the semester. Four Ronnies out of five.
- Property: My casebook sucks, and my professor doesn't seem interested in reviewing BLL in class. This book is great. Four and a half Ronnies out of five.
- Torts: Again, my casebook didn't provide much assistance, and the class was taught to the lowest common denominator. This book taught me a lot of the nuance of the doctrines and paid off with an A. Five Ronnies out of five.

Siegel's
- Contracts: Pretty helpful, cracking down on hypos. > studying case precedent, and my professor didn't have many old exams to practice. Four Ronnies out of five.
- Torts: Waste of money, partly because my class didn't cover intentional torts and the hypos. here are largely intentional torts. Two Ronnies out of five.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”