Consensus on Pre-Writing Rules for Open Book Exams Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Kage3212

Bronze

Consensus on Pre-Writing Rules for Open Book Exams

Post by Kage3212 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:59 am

Anyone have thoughts about doing this? I am in the process of drafting Rule lists for 2/4 of my exams which are open book. It seems that ensuring the rule is absolutely correct would be beneficial. Crafting about 1-2 sentences for each rule. Both professors have expressed a liking to having the rule stated prior to the analysis....not within the analysis itself as is suggested in getting to maybe. Have others found this helpful?

Diamond

Re: Consensus on Pre-Writing Rules for Open Book Exams

Post by 09042014 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:03 am

Kage3212 wrote:Anyone have thoughts about doing this? I am in the process of drafting Rule lists for 2/4 of my exams which are open book. It seems that ensuring the rule is absolutely correct would be beneficial. Crafting about 1-2 sentences for each rule. Both professors have expressed a liking to having the rule stated prior to the analysis....not within the analysis itself as is suggested in getting to maybe. Have others found this helpful?
If I went back to 1L, I'd do this.

SportsFan

Silver

Re: Consensus on Pre-Writing Rules for Open Book Exams

Post by SportsFan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:05 am

I'm pre-writing for civ pro. Literally just copying parts of answers out of old sample answers and putting them in the relevant parts of my outline. Not gonna bother with my other open book exam (contracts) since the BLL isn't really important at all.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”