So, I'm Kind Of Stupid... Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kalvano

Diamond

So, I'm Kind Of Stupid...

Post by kalvano » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:32 pm

I took Environmental Law because it fit with my schedule. I hate this fucking class and am bored to tears.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a supplement so I can write a decent exam?

Lord Randolph McDuff

Gold

Re: So, I'm Kind Of Stupid...

Post by Lord Randolph McDuff » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:41 pm

kalvano wrote:I took Environmental Law because it fit with my schedule. I hate this fucking class and am bored to tears.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a supplement so I can write a decent exam?
This happened to me with an environmental type class. Not gonna lie I fucked myself. Hope you do better and I have nothing to offer you save more worry and stress.

cansohei11

New

Post by cansohei11 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:38 pm

SMU right? Gaba? I booked that class last semester. If it is SMU and Gaba, I can PM you the silver bullet.

Edit: Just outed myself right there...

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:44 pm

I can definitely pick you out of the 600 or so people in the 2L / 3L classes based off that one post.

cansohei11

New

Post by cansohei11 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Hah, more of a joke. That class isn't so bad though, I just hated the cases we read because they were pretty worthless when it came to the actual exam. You can't really cite any of them on his exam, so they end up being filler for his binder-esque book.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:50 pm

He spends all class lecturing, asking one question randomly and getting mad when no one answers, going off on random tangents, and drawing weird diagrams on the board that look more like visual representations of the plot to The Wicker Man than anything related to environmental law.

cansohei11

New

Post by cansohei11 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:30 pm

The worst is when his voice sort of trails off... And then you miss the point of the entire rant. I took property with him as a 1L, can you imagine taking him with a class of 100 in a giant lecture hall? Also, doesn't he look like the guy from Honey I Shrank the Kids?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:00 am

cansohei11 wrote:doesn't he look like the guy from Honey I Shrank the Kids?
L-O-freaking-L.

Thanks for the advice, by the way. B

SuperCerealBrah

Bronze

Post by SuperCerealBrah » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:01 am

kalvano wrote:I took Environmental Law because it fit with my schedule. I hate this fucking class and am bored to tears.

I know a lot of people that also hate this class. What exactly is so bad about it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:05 am

SuperCerealBrah wrote:

I know a lot of people that also hate this class. What exactly is so bad about it?
It's mind-crushingly boring unless you're super passionate about saving the whales and stuff. It's like Admin Law without anything interesting at all.

Read Massachusetts v. EPA in its entirety. If that doesn't give you a law chubby, then you'll hate the class.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:41 pm

I found the nutshell to be useful, especially if you have the Farber textbook. Farber wrote both the nutshell and the textbook.

I also agree that the class is fucking awful.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:20 pm

What a fucking awful test for a fucking awful class that is useless as fuck and boring as fuck.

Fuck.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”