OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
thewizardofoz

New

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by thewizardofoz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:48 am

minnbills wrote:I don't understand. 500 soles is 500 soles right? What am I missing?
I'm assuming trade usage of 500 soles means 250 left soles and 250 right soles for 250 pairs of shoes. The cover was enough to fulfill the buyer's full demand, but it is a bit tricky because it seems like the cover is not sufficient by saying 250 right/left.

LetsGoLAW

Bronze

Post by LetsGoLAW » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:06 am

HOW'S MY MOTHER FUCKING TEAM DOING.

Yours truly, LGL, took a breather yesterday. Today, I am back re-charged. Already have 7 hours under my belt. 4 more KIDS.

I finished 110/290 of my hypos. This is helping me pre-write answers and turn my outline headings into two or three sentences. Then, when I re-type my quick headings, it helps me memorize everything quickly.

Whitebread teaches me how to make an attack outline.

So, for felony-murder:

1. Felony-Murder Rule - Felony + death (accidental or not) + causal connection
a. Inherently dangerous limitation
b. Independent felony-murder limitation
c. Causal link limitation

Etc., BOOM!

NO MOTHER FUCKING REGRETS, BABY. IF YOU'RE DOWN TODAY, GET BACK UP. I HAD A BAD STUDY DAY THE OTHER DAY. I WAS OUT FOR THE COUNT. THEY WANTED ME DOWN. THEY WANTED ME TO SLEEP. I SAID FUCK YOU. I GOT BACK UP. I PLOWED THROUGH HYPOS. KIDS GOT SHIT ON ME. NO FEAR BABY, NO FEAR.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:12 am

Me and one dude left in one of the main reading rooms, I was never into the whole last one out thing... but now that its here I might be in for the long haul lol

JG7773

Bronze

Post by JG7773 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:15 am

AssumptionRequired wrote:Me and one dude left in one of the main reading rooms, I was never into the whole last one out thing... but now that its here I might be in for the long haul lol
Get'em!

LetsGoLAW

Bronze

Post by LetsGoLAW » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:15 am

AssumptionRequired wrote:Me and one dude left in one of the main reading rooms, I was never into the whole last one out thing... but now that its here I might be in for the long haul lol
YOU BETTER BE THE LAST ONE OUT. I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE ON YOUR LAST LEG. YOU SLEEP, YOU LOSE. YOU FIGHT UNTIL THE WORDS LOOK APPEAR IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE. BABY, IT'S 12:15. IT'S EARLY IN THE DAY. YOU KNOW I GOT MORE HOURS. SO DO YOU! LET'S GO! I'M TIRED, BUT FIRED UP!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:21 am

LetsGoLAW wrote:
YOU BETTER BE THE LAST ONE OUT. I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE ON YOUR LAST LEG. YOU SLEEP, YOU LOSE. YOU FIGHT UNTIL THE WORDS LOOK APPEAR IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE. BABY, IT'S 12:15. IT'S EARLY IN THE DAY. YOU KNOW I GOT MORE HOURS. SO DO YOU! LET'S GO! I'M TIRED, BUT FIRED UP!
One day I will come to wherever you are, and we are going to lift. Even if you dont, I just want this motivation for one workout! lol

But I am on it!

JG7773

Bronze

Post by JG7773 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:23 am

AssumptionRequired wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:
One day I will come to wherever you are, and we are going to lift. Even if you dont, I just want this motivation for one workout! lol

But I am on it!
+1

LetsGoLAW

Bronze

Post by LetsGoLAW » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:31 am

I lifted. Prior to being sucked into this fucking vortex of law school. And I was a madman. An absolute madman. If you want some fucking motivation, read the Machine's articles on Universal AnimalPak's website:

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_d ... tion=packs
--LinkRemoved--

Edit: This is my love. ELEMENTS. I fucking love elements. I think I'm losing my fucking mind.

Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of another human without malice. Voluntary manslaughter requires a killing 1) in the heat of passion, 2) as a result of an adequate provocation, 3) without a cooling-off period.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:37 am

LetsGoLAW wrote:I lifted. Prior to being sucked into this fucking vortex of law school. And I was a madman. An absolute madman. If you want some fucking motivation, read the Machine's articles on Universal AnimalPak's website:

--LinkRemoved--

Edit: This is my love. ELEMENTS. I fucking love elements. I think I'm losing my fucking mind.

Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of another human without malice. Voluntary manslaughter requires a killing 1) in the heat of passion, 2) as a result of an adequate provocation, 3) without a cooling-off period.
Dude, I love animal and all that rage.

What class is (bolded) for? I am assuming Crim law. In my class we dont seem to actually learn any laws.... All we learn are broad topics and the difference between the MPC version and the Common law version.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LetsGoLAW

Bronze

Post by LetsGoLAW » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:44 am

My criminal teacher talks about policy the entire semester, but gives BLL issue spotters.

**This is why it's important to learn about your professors, bros.**

Therefore, I have been following Arrow's advice to get my outline into proper headings with elements. Helps prepare pre-written answers. I will type these quick headings over and over. Memorization of the law will be easy.

I have no problem writing the law, memorizing the law, or issue spotting. I am having trouble nitpicking the facts and making counter-arguements and then dismissing them. I am referring to making counter-factual arguments within the elements/sub-elements. Not counter-premise arguments (selling drugs v. entrapment, contract v. misrepresentation, etc.). This is a question for my LEEWS bros.

The good news is, the more hypos you do, the more you memorize/apply/think of counter-arguments. SO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS FUCKING MEANS, BACK TO WORKS BROS.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:17 am

And then there was one. :twisted:

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:15 am

I need to buckle down tomorrow. Got hardly anything done today. Did some productive civ pro reading/review/OLing, but this is crunch time.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:35 am

minnbills wrote:I need to buckle down tomorrow. Got hardly anything done today. Did some productive civ pro reading/review/OLing, but this is crunch time.
Agreed. Packing up now, kind of creepy feeling like you are the only person in the entire law school....

Good luck everyone

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LetsGoLAW

Bronze

Post by LetsGoLAW » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:36 am

STILL PLUGGING. I WANT TO FALL ASLEEP. SLEEP. OH FUCK YES, I NEED IT. FUCK IT, THOUGH.

Everyone's sleeping. WAKE THE FUCK UP. Issue spotted my teacher's exam. The section required 1 hour. My issue spotting got all the major and minor issues. Took 25 minutes, but at least I am getting everything.

BOYS, PRACTICE = PERFECT. KEEP IT UP.

I love this shit.

Maximized

New

Post by Maximized » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:11 pm

It's one of those days where Brother LetsGoLAW's posts are the only things motivating me... Time to finish Torts and move on to Leg.Reg.!!!

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Started working on my attack outlines. I can already tell its gonna be a bit hard for me to balance between getting down the essentials and writing way too much. Torts is closed book so I'm doing that first. Ideally it'll be a page but I think I'll be ~1.5 pages.

For my contracts and civ pro attack outlines (those classes are open book), is it a good idea to make my attack outline basically an organized list of pre-written answers? Pre-written answers seems to be TCR from talking to 2L's and 3L's who did well (and all of my classes have plenty of old PT's and answers from my professors). So instead of having a 'typical' 1-2 page 'checklist' type attack outline, should I just go and make like a 4-5 page list of pre-written answers that I'll basically just use as applicable? But organize it like I would an attack outline?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:38 pm

SportsFan wrote: is it a good idea to make my attack outline basically an organized list of pre-written answers?
That's what I'm doing

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:45 pm

gaud wrote:
SportsFan wrote: is it a good idea to make my attack outline basically an organized list of pre-written answers?
That's what I'm doing
Would you mind posting an example of what you're doing? I've gotten plenty of outlines for all my professors but haven't really gotten any attack outlines/checklists/whatever, so I'm a bit confused on how to even be approaching this (and only just started hearing in the last week or so that pre written answers are the way to go).

swimmer11

Bronze

Post by swimmer11 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:47 pm

gaud wrote:
That's what I'm doing
This is what I am doing as well. My torts exam is closed book so I am just retyping my outline over and over again. My K exam is open everything so I am going to make an attack outline and bring his old checklists to the exam as well :twisted: My crim exam is open book so standard attack outline with pre-written answers and pre-written conclusions on the basis of policy when the MPC and TL lead to different answers.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:49 pm

SportsFan wrote:
gaud wrote:
That's what I'm doing
Would you mind posting an example of what you're doing? I've gotten plenty of outlines for all my professors but haven't really gotten any attack outlines/checklists/whatever, so I'm a bit confused on how to even be approaching this (and only just started hearing in the last week or so that pre written answers are the way to go).
Well, I just started it so I'm not sure how well it will work. But, for example, my Civ Pro is liek this:

Const. Grant authority > Pennoyer 4 basis > iShoe > Shaffer > Burger King > WWVW, etc.

My professor loves the cases so I just made a list in how I'll analyze basically any question he throws at me.

Is this sorta what you were thinking? Obviously that is a barebones example

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JG7773

Bronze

Post by JG7773 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:36 pm

I am putting the finishing touches on legal writing that is due on Thursday and then I am going to watch a couple hours of Freer. That guy is awesome!

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:04 pm

LetsGoLAW

Bronze

Post by LetsGoLAW » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:11 pm

Jsa725 wrote:is anyone else watching other barbri lectures? is this a credited form of supplemental studying? or is time better spent doing hypos?
Bro, I've done about ~150 short answer hypos. My legal analysis has shot through the roof. It has helped me in every possible way.

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”