OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Post Reply
User avatar
BlueLotus

Gold
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:44 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:I'm in for a conlaw csws pact because I'm fucking nervous as shit about that shit.
Chemerinskygod is your friend.
Yea but it's too long to read by myself. I need an e-club to tell me which pages to read and when
I look up assigned cases in the index. I won't be reading it from cover to cover either, because my prof's class isn't that comprehensive.

User avatar
BlueLotus

Gold
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 pm

When I came to pick up a sealed recommendation for a fellowship app from my Ks professor, he remarked that I am an outstanding student and had the 4th highest score in my section. He also said that if BC gave out A+'s he would have given me one--damn BC for not giving A+'s, lol! Still stoked about the A in that class, tho.

User avatar
Pleasye

Platinum
Posts: 8738
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Pleasye » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:38 pm

PinkLotus wrote:When I came to pick up a sealed recommendation for a fellowship app from my Ks professor, he remarked that I am an outstanding student and had the 4th highest score in my section. He also said that if BC gave out A+'s he would have given me one--damn BC for not giving A+'s, lol! Still stoked about the A in that class, tho.
I get that you are a good student and are proud of yourself but your comments are getting a little braggy.

User avatar
BlueLotus

Gold
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Pleasye wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:When I came to pick up a sealed recommendation for a fellowship app from my Ks professor, he remarked that I am an outstanding student and had the 4th highest score in my section. He also said that if BC gave out A+'s he would have given me one--damn BC for not giving A+'s, lol! Still stoked about the A in that class, tho.
I get that you are a good student and are proud of yourself but your comments are getting a little braggy.
Sorry. :oops: To make up for it, I did bomb Property and get medianpwned in Torts, lol.

User avatar
Bronck

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Bronck » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:42 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
Bronck wrote:I . . . actually got a date? My aspieness is going to make me epic fail on it isn't it?
Aww, congrats Bronck! Hope the lucky lad/lady won't present too much of a distraction from CSWS/GRINDing. :wink:
Hah! I thought it went solid, despite some probably noob mistakes, but who knows. I guess I'll find out whether it's going anywhere soon enough . . .

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
BlueLotus

Gold
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Bronck wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:
Bronck wrote:I . . . actually got a date? My aspieness is going to make me epic fail on it isn't it?
Aww, congrats Bronck! Hope the lucky lad/lady won't present too much of a distraction from CSWS/GRINDing. :wink:
Hah! I thought it went solid, despite some probably noob mistakes, but who knows. I guess I'll find out whether it's going anywhere soon enough . . .
Was this a lawcest date? Upperclassmen warn strongly against romantic entanglements with section-mates, thought I do have a couple of crushes in my section in spite of that. :oops:

User avatar
Bronck

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Bronck » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:46 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
Bronck wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:
Bronck wrote:I . . . actually got a date? My aspieness is going to make me epic fail on it isn't it?
Aww, congrats Bronck! Hope the lucky lad/lady won't present too much of a distraction from CSWS/GRINDing. :wink:
Hah! I thought it went solid, despite some probably noob mistakes, but who knows. I guess I'll find out whether it's going anywhere soon enough . . .
Was this a lawcest date? Upperclassmen warn strongly against romantic entanglements with section-mates, thought I do have a couple of crushes in my section in spite of that. :oops:
It was. I'm not too worried about lawcest though. I'm a pessimist, but *knock on wood* lol.

User avatar
BlueLotus

Gold
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Seeing my hometown crush over break. He totally understands the CSWS lifestyle, so he's all right with it being just a couple hours on one day. Hope it transforms into something real this summer. :wink:

User avatar
Bronck

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Bronck » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:50 pm

PinkLotus wrote:Seeing my hometown crush over break. He totally understands the CSWS lifestyle, so he's all right with it being just a couple hours on one day. Hope it transforms into something real this summer. :wink:
Rootin for ya. Need more in life than just law law law

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
BlueLotus

Gold
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Bronck wrote:
RoseAberlone wrote:Summer search over. Back to work.
Lucky. I want a fucking job
Don't profs at Columbia hire 1Ls as paid RAs? Folks here have done that, and it hasn't presented a problem for them (as far as I know) at OCI.

User avatar
Bronck

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Bronck » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:56 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
Bronck wrote:
RoseAberlone wrote:Summer search over. Back to work.
Lucky. I want a fucking job
Don't profs at Columbia hire 1Ls as paid RAs? Folks here have done that, and it hasn't presented a problem for them (as far as I know) at OCI.
I believe they do. I'll probably look into that shortly.

User avatar
BlueLotus

Gold
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Bronck wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:
Bronck wrote:
RoseAberlone wrote:Summer search over. Back to work.
Lucky. I want a fucking job
Don't profs at Columbia hire 1Ls as paid RAs? Folks here have done that, and it hasn't presented a problem for them (as far as I know) at OCI.
I believe they do. I'll probably look into that shortly.
Also, have u hit up PSJD and Idealist? It's (probably) too late for large firms and federal judges, but not at all for direct legal services stuff. Some gov gigs listed on the U of Arizona Honors Handbook have March/April deadlines. http://www.law.arizona.edu/career/honorshandbook.cfm
Hang in there!

User avatar
Bronck

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Bronck » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:05 pm

PinkLotus wrote: Also, have u hit up PSJD and Idealist? It's (probably) too late for large firms and federal judges, but not at all for direct legal services stuff. Some gov gigs listed on the U of Arizona Honors Handbook have March/April deadlines. http://www.law.arizona.edu/career/honorshandbook.cfm
Hang in there!
Good suggestions! I've bookmarked PSJD but haven't had a chance to look at it much yet, it seems like a great resource.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
Nova

Platinum
Posts: 9102
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Nova » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Bronck wrote:
PL wrote:
B wrote:
PL wrote:
Aww, congrats Bronck! Hope the lucky lad/lady won't present too much of a distraction from CSWS/GRINDing. :wink:
Hah! I thought it went solid, despite some probably noob mistakes, but who knows. I guess I'll find out whether it's going anywhere soon enough . . .
Was this a lawcest date? Upperclassmen warn strongly against romantic entanglements with section-mates, thought I do have a couple of crushes in my section in spite of that. :oops:
It was. I'm not too worried about lawcest though. I'm a pessimist, but *knock on wood* lol.
Sectioncest is the WORST.

Hate seeing my ex every day.

User avatar
BlueLotus

Gold
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Yikes. :shock: Did you become a couple fall semester, Nova?

User avatar
Jsa725

Gold
Posts: 2002
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Jsa725 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:23 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nova

Platinum
Posts: 9102
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Nova » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:27 pm

PL wrote:
Nova wrote:
B wrote:
It was. I'm not too worried about lawcest though. I'm a pessimist, but *knock on wood* lol
Sectioncest is the WORST.
Hate seeing my ex every day.
Yikes. :shock: Did you become a couple fall semester?
Yeah, dated basically the entire semester. It was a very confortable situation, but I think we moved too fast. By finals we were together almost 24/7 either studying or trying to get our minds off studying.

But yeah, it sucks now. At least I still have law.

FA.jpg
Last edited by Nova on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
Nova

Platinum
Posts: 9102
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Nova » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:28 pm

Jsa725 wrote: The key to getting over an obsession is to start a new one...
:lol: :lol: 8)

User avatar
BlueLotus

Gold
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Nova wrote:
Jsa725 wrote: The key to getting over an obsession is to start a new one...
:lol: :lol: 8)
In 1829, Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story stated: "The law is a jealous mistress and requires a long and constant courtship. It is not to be won by trifling favors, but by lavish homage."

:lol:

User avatar
Nova

Platinum
Posts: 9102
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Nova » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:37 pm

LOL what a great quote.

Must share it with people IRL.

User avatar
Pleasye

Platinum
Posts: 8738
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Pleasye » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:37 pm

Just got an offer for the job I interviewed for on Monday. Now I'm really ready to CSWS :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
Bronck

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Bronck » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Pleasye wrote:Just got an offer for the job I interviewed for on Monday. Now I'm really ready to CSWS :)
Grats!

User avatar
Nova

Platinum
Posts: 9102
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Nova » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:40 pm

Pleasye wrote:Just got an offer for the job I interviewed for on Monday. Now I'm really ready to CSWS :)
Congrats!! Quick turn around.

User avatar
Jsa725

Gold
Posts: 2002
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Jsa725 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:40 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BlueLotus

Gold
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:43 pm

Pleasye wrote:Just got an offer for the job I interviewed for on Monday. Now I'm really ready to CSWS :)
Congrats! Nice to have the summer jobs burden offa your shoulders.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”