Registrars & Certified Transcripts Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kalvano

Diamond

Registrars & Certified Transcripts

Post by kalvano » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:32 am

A general question for everyone - does your school's registrar charge for certified transcripts? I need a bunch for applications, and I just found out my school wants to charge per certified transcript.

I've never encountered that before. I always figured the tuition I pay is pay entitles me to certified records of the classes I took, free of charge, and every school I've been at previously, it was free.

To be clear, I am not asking them to mail them or anything, I am walking in to pick them up.

What say you all - does your school charge or not?

jess

Re: Registrars & Certified Transcripts

Post by jess » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:37 am

Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oklahoma2014

New

Post by Oklahoma2014 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 am

The cc I graduated from does not charge. OSU doesn't charge either. However, I took summer classes at another 4 year university and any time I need a transcript from them I get charged. Always thought it was strange because the two universities are under the same board of regents, they even share computer systems, yet one charges for this service and one does not. It's only a couple bucks though so I don't really worry about it.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:27 pm

That's not awful, but mine charges $10 for the initial one and $3 for each subsequent one. Given that many state court clerkships require certified transcripts and individual applications, it's going to cost over $130 for copies of my transcript.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:29 pm

It was free from wustl up until the year I started applying to law school. It was only $3 I think, but I was bitter.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”