Free Contract Law General Outline Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
currentlawstudent13

New

Free Contract Law General Outline

Post by currentlawstudent13 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:32 pm

I know many of us are currently in contract law and could use some help getting everything together. I found a general free contract law outline online. For my class, it works pretty well but it does not provide cases, just more black letter law. At the very least it is helping me put the semester in perspective. I have included the link below. Does anyone have a general torts outline like this? The book we are using is new and has zero outlines on it yet, something general might help. Thanks.

--LinkRemoved--

Angus MacGyver

New

Re: Free Contract Law General Outline

Post by Angus MacGyver » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Have you taken a gander at this website?

http://www.ilrg.com/students/outlines

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:03 pm

currentlawstudent13 wrote:I know many of us are currently in contract law and could use some help getting everything together. I found a general free contract law outline online. For my class, it works pretty well but it does not provide cases, just more black letter law. At the very least it is helping me put the semester in perspective. I have included the link below. Does anyone have a general torts outline like this? The book we are using is new and has zero outlines on it yet, something general might help. Thanks.

--LinkRemoved--
I was skeptical, but this actually seems pretty fucking awesome, especially for my closed book contracts professor.

target

Silver

Post by target » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:53 pm

currentlawstudent13 wrote:I know many of us are currently in contract law and could use some help getting everything together. I found a general free contract law outline online. For my class, it works pretty well but it does not provide cases, just more black letter law. At the very least it is helping me put the semester in perspective. I have included the link below. Does anyone have a general torts outline like this? The book we are using is new and has zero outlines on it yet, something general might help. Thanks.

--LinkRemoved--
Thanks for sharing. Have you check out the general outline shell either from Lexis or west law? They are very good as a basis or putting things in perspective. HTH

currentlawstudent13

New

Post by currentlawstudent13 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:43 am

Thanks for the ILRG website. Those outlines are great and will certainly help with this torts class, however having something more general might help. I e-mailed that website to see if they were going to have a torts outline soon. As of this morning, I received and e-mail telling me they are putting all first year subjects together as fast as possible and will have course guides like the contracts one within a month. No idea on the torts though, however they did send me a link to a newly published civil procedure outline. It is the same concept and really looks like it will help. It does not include jurisdiction as I was told that stuff would be put into a separate outline like CivPro II. Any way, here is the link, hopefully this will raise my grade a bit. Thanks again for the input. Here is the link below.

--LinkRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Breezin

New

Post by Breezin » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:08 am

Be careful with the civpro outline--it says the scope of discovery is "relevant to the subj. matter". That's probably not the best way to begin your discovery essay.

currentlawstudent13

New

Post by currentlawstudent13 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:48 am

I think you have it wrong, here is the excerpt from FRCP 26B

"For good cause, the court may order discovery of any matter relevant to the subject matter involved in the action. Relevant information need not be admissible at the trial if the discovery appears reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence. All discovery is subject to the limitations imposed by Rule 26(b)(2)(C)."

That seems to be what the outline is saying.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”