I hate my school Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jdubb990

Bronze

I hate my school

Post by jdubb990 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:42 pm

I hate my school. I go to a lower tier, non top 100 school and most of my classmates are idiots. When I applied to law school I was accepted and WL at schools with higher rankings. However, I wanted to stay relatively close to my family but live in a bigger city so I chose the school I am at now. It seemed like it was on the right track, on an upswing, even though it was lower tier. They just released the most recent bar passage results and it has dropped significantly. I'd like to transfer to a top 100 school, I don't even care where it falls in the spectrum. I just don't want to be at my current school. What kind of grades am I going to have to make this semester at minimum to transfer up?

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Re: I hate my school

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:44 pm

jdubb990 wrote:I hate my school. I go to a lower tier, non top 100 school and most of my classmates are idiots. When I applied to law school I was accepted and WL at schools with higher rankings. However, I wanted to stay relatively close to my family but live in a bigger city so I chose the school I am at now. It seemed like it was on the right track, on an upswing, even though it was lower tier. They just released the most recent bar passage results and it has dropped significantly. I'd like to transfer to a top 100 school, I don't even care where it falls in the spectrum. I just don't want to be at my current school. What kind of grades am I going to have to make this semester at minimum to transfer up?
Depends where you're transfering to and where you're transfering from

Most t-14 transfers were top 10% of their classes I believe

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Depends on which TTT you attend. You'll need like top 2% to go from a TTT to a t-14, but if you wanna go to a T2 from the current school its more like top %20 may give you a good shot. This is highly dependent on what school you're at right now though.

chicagolaw2013

Silver

Post by chicagolaw2013 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:35 am

There's a guy on here who successfully transferred from DePaul to Northwestern.

Don't know where he fell percentage-wise (pretty sure at least top 10%), but know that there is always a chance if you murder your exams.

So, bottom line: less TLS and more library for YOU. :mrgreen:

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:23 am

I feel for ya. Work hard and move up to at least a T100. I won't ask what school you go to, but what state do you live in?

Where I am, I'm constantly surrounded by hypercompetitive geniuses. Really unnerving.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

concurrent fork

Silver

Post by concurrent fork » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:28 am

With top 5-10% you can probably make a large jump. Post in the transfer forum after you get 1st semester grades.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:31 am

Irony: OP ending up at or below median after publicly calling most of his classmates idiots...

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:48 am

Aqualibrium wrote:Irony: OP ending up at or below median after publicly calling most of his classmates idiots...
That never happens.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:52 am

Aqualibrium wrote:Irony: OP ending up at or below median after publicly calling most of his classmates idiots...
+1

He'd never admit it though, so we're forced to assume it's going to happen.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:20 am

jdubb990 wrote:I wanted to stay relatively close to my family but live in a bigger city so I chose the school I am at now.
jdubb990 wrote:I'm starting school in Georgia this fall and just wondering if anybody could give me any insight into the Atlanta legal market.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3#p3196163
I'll leave you to decipher which TTT full of "idiots" the op attends...
Last edited by Aqualibrium on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:22 am

Aqualibrium wrote:
jdubb990 wrote:I wanted to stay relatively close to my family but live in a bigger city so I chose the school I am at now.
jdubb990 wrote:I'm starting school in Georgia this fall and just wondering if anybody could give me any insight into the Atlanta legal market.
I'll leave you to decipher which TTT full of "idiots" the op attends...
OK, I'm thinking Marshall. Good choice, OP! I wonder if your classmates think you're an idiot too.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:27 am

Could be Georgia State, I suppose. John Marshall sounds much more "TTT" imo, though.

I can only hope OP is outed at his school and subsequently unable to transfer. I can think of almost nothing more disrespectful in law school circles to come on an online forum and blast your fellow classmates.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:29 am

traehekat wrote:Could be Georgia State, I suppose. John Marshall sounds much more "TTT" imo, though.

I can only hope OP is outed at his school and subsequently unable to transfer. I can think of almost nothing more disrespectful in law school circles to come on an online forum and blast your fellow classmates.
Especially before any grades have come out

lolololol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:35 am

traehekat wrote:Could be Georgia State, I suppose. John Marshall sounds much more "TTT" imo, though.

Georgia State is a respectable t2 school. OP said that his school is not in the top 100, that he wants to be close to family but in a big city, and that he will be starting school in Atlanta this fall. Only one school fits that description.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:37 am

Considering Georgia State IS top 100 it cant be that, so JM it is.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:38 am

Aqualibrium wrote:

Georgia State is a respectable t2 school. OP said that his school is not in the top 100, that he wants to be close to family but in a big city, and that he will be starting school in Atlanta this fall. Only one school fits that description.
Well, I apologize to any Georgia State students then. :P

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:47 am

Aqualibrium wrote:--ImageRemoved--
this cannot be real...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:24 pm

It's on ATL so it must be real right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Be sure on your exam to footnote brilliant points in your arguments with the following:

Footnote 1: "Though I am sure most of my intellectual inferiors, a/k/a, the 1L student body, will not uncover such a brilliant argument, I strongly advise that before passing judgment on my paper, contact a law professor from a real law school to confirm that my answer is, in fact, correct. This will avoid any confusion, conferences with the deans and a potential lawsuit."

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 pm

reasonable_man wrote:Be sure on your exam to footnote brilliant points in your arguments with the following:

Footnote 1: "Though I am sure most of my intellectual inferiors, a/k/a, the 1L student body, will not uncover such a brilliant argument, I strongly advise that before passing judgment on my paper, contact a law professor from a real law school to confirm that my answer is, in fact, correct. This will avoid any confusion, conferences with the deans and a potential lawsuit."

Where's Soft Boiled Life (SBL) when ya need him for a witty post? :lol:

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:39 pm

im thinking NYLS, one of the MN schools or somewhere in southern california

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:50 pm

thexfactor wrote:im thinking NYLS, one of the MN schools or somewhere in southern california

Did you even read the thread?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Could be Mercer.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:04 pm

rad law wrote:Could be Mercer.

Mercer is in Macon. OP said he was a) going to school in Georgia (that happened in another thread, but is quoted in this one) and b) chose his current school because he wanted to be in a big city.

Does that sound like Macon?

Also, Rad, it is too late for him to retake lol!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:05 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
rad law wrote:Could be Mercer.

Mercer is in Macon. OP said he was a) going to school in Georgia (that happened in another thread, but is quoted in this one) and b) chose his current school because he wanted to be in a big city.

Does that sound like Macon?
Didn't read OP's previous posts, just assumed it was a GA school. But if it's John Marshall, he's in deep shit.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”