Interview Question Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jasofbase2001

New

Interview Question

Post by jasofbase2001 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 pm

The most common question I've been asked in interviews is "Do you have any questions?"

I never know what to say. Any advice?

Matthies

Silver

Re: Interview Question

Post by Matthies » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:54 pm

jasofbase2001 wrote:The most common question I've been asked in interviews is "Do you have any questions?"

:facepalm:

Have you researched the firm before the interview? Checked their webpage? Practice areas? What are the expectations of new hires? What is training like? What skills are they most looking for? How often do you get reviews? Are the paralegals hot? Do I have to share the same work space with any minorities or women? Those are some starters.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Matthies wrote:
jasofbase2001 wrote:The most common question I've been asked in interviews is "Do you have any questions?"

Have you researched the firm before the interview? Checked their webpage? Practice areas? What are the expectations of new hires? What is training like? What skills are they most looking for? How often do you get reviews? Are the paralegals hot? Do I have to share the same work space with any minorities or women? Those are some starters.
The last question. That's the one. Ask that. Then come back and post the reaction on TLS. Seriously though, maybe the firm's take on pro bono hours and whether they can be counted towards billable hours and to what extent or something. Have something in mind beforehand. If it's a question you've personally experienced with some frequency, it shouldn't be unexpected.
Last edited by stratocophic on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Always prep out questions before an interview!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:03 pm

stratocophic wrote:
Matthies wrote:

The last question. That's the one. Ask that. Then come back and post the reaction on TLS.
Big Alabama Law secure.

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
Matthies wrote:

The last question. That's the one. Ask that. Then come back and post the reaction on TLS.
Big Alabama Law secure.
:shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”