patent bar study materials Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
byte

New

patent bar study materials

Post by byte » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:43 pm

Since there's been discussion over the patent registration exam on here, I want to mention that my used PLI study course is for sale on ebay under item number 150144862816. Send me a PM if you have questions.

UberLSAT

New

Post by UberLSAT » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:52 pm

Don't they hunt you down when you try to sell that stuff?

byte

New

Post by byte » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:58 pm

There has been a story regarding something like that on intelproplaw.com, but it was likely fabricated by one of the study guide companies. It involved an applicant who had passed the exam and had his name up on USPTO's site (names of persons seeking registration). The applicant attempted to sell his study materials, at which point the company supposedly tried to keep him from being registered because of copyright violations. It was a doubtful situation.

randomposter

New

Post by randomposter » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:25 pm

Interesting - I know a lot of people who resell their kits. I was planning on it. The more controversial thing is reselling the kits for nearly as much as you paid AND asking for full reimbursement from the firm.

plistudent

New

Re: patent bar study materials

Post by plistudent » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:34 pm

Hello, I have this entire PLI Patent Course for sale. I purchased this course in 2009 everything is like brand new with no markings in books and CDs and DVDs play great! please see description below.

Course includes the following:

1. "Read Me First" letter
2. Course materials in binder
3. ClaimsLight book
4. Pre-Course Materials book
5. Prime Questions book
6. 8 DVDs
7. 36 Audio CDs
8. Patware Software 9.0 CD

Please Make me an offer. Email me at pliexpressnow@gmail.com

Thanks
Robert

Black-Blue

Bronze

Re:

Post by Black-Blue » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:53 am

byte wrote:There has been a story regarding something like that on intelproplaw.com, but it was likely fabricated by one of the study guide companies. It involved an applicant who had passed the exam and had his name up on USPTO's site (names of persons seeking registration). The applicant attempted to sell his study materials, at which point the company supposedly tried to keep him from being registered because of copyright violations. It was a doubtful situation.
Sounds like bs made up by the companies. All printed material can be resold. The first sale doctrine also applies to CDs and electronic stuff in most cases.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”