Chicago Kent 20k. year cond. 3.25 GPA or Rutgers 5k scholly? Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)

Chicago Kent with 20,000/yr. scholly or Rutgers Camden 5k scholly?

Chicago-Kent w/ 20k/yr. @ 3.25 GPA
100%
Rutgers Camden w/ 5k/yr. @3.33 GPA and summer classes
No votes

Total votes: 7

DarkJuliet

New

Chicago Kent 20k. year cond. 3.25 GPA or Rutgers 5k scholly?

Post by DarkJuliet » Sun May 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Hey, guys. I'll try to keep it short.

Frankly, I was a little amazed that I even got into a decent school, but here I am. A few schools accepted me: Indiana-Indianapolis, Rutgers Camden, Chicago Kent at IIT and several others. Other rejections and acceptance letters will come trickling in I'm sure, but I need to ask your guys' opinions.

Chicago Kent's acceptance letter came in pretty late. Obviously I know that it's ranked higher than Rutgers Camden, but I want to know which school you guys would choose. Kent's scholarship money offer would be cut in half to 10,000 per year if I fall below a 3.25 but keep myself above a 3. I haven't even begun looking at housing in Chicago yet.

Then there's Rutgers... I've emailed the dean about negotiating my scholarship money amount northward but it is the weekend and I won't hear anything till tomorrow. So far, Camden is offering me the usual 5 grand per year contingent I keep my GPA at a 3.33.

Cost of Kent without scholarship money? About 42,000. Rutgers? About 25,000. With scholarships in place they turn out to be just about the same.

So far, I'm leaning more towards Rutgers because I've registered for their summer jump start program which allows me to take 4 units during the summer which will make my first year much easier---or so I think.

What do you guys think? I'd love to hear what you think. Chicago has its draws and I would probably go for Kent if I didn't already sign the darned lease!!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Chicago Kent 20k. year cond. 3.25 GPA or Rutgers 5k scholly?

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun May 01, 2011 3:50 pm

OP 3.25 is really high. I withdrew from Kent and they came back offering 25K per yr. I think that you should try to get the stips removed, it might be doable.

Furthermore, in this situation, you have to go to the school that places where you want to work.

DarkJuliet

New

Post by DarkJuliet » Sun May 01, 2011 3:53 pm

Gonna be hard to get the stipulations removed these days....I'm hoping to use those against Rutgers in an attempt to squeeze out more than just 5k a year from them... I mean, that's 3.33 instead of a 3.25!

DarkJuliet

New

Post by DarkJuliet » Tue May 03, 2011 11:32 am

bump

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue May 03, 2011 11:36 am

Really? You're going to bump your own thread after only two days?

Here's a hint at why no one is answering: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

Wrong forum, bro.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”