Wake Forest University School of Law 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
jetergrl2ss

Bronze

Re: Wake Forest University School of Law 2014

Post by jetergrl2ss » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Sex Bob-Omb wrote:
TammyC.Hsu wrote:I'm almost 90% sure going to Wake, so I figured I would finally make a post after months of browsing the forums. Anyone going to ASD 3/18? Have not found any posts for the upcoming event...
Oh, and I will be there Friday.
Me too! My dad and I are making the 12 hr drive from NY tomorrow starting tomorrow at 5 am... not excited for that but definitely excited to meet some other potential '14-ers!

TheFactor

Silver

Post by TheFactor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Sex Bob-Omb wrote:
TammyC.Hsu wrote:I'm almost 90% sure going to Wake, so I figured I would finally make a post after months of browsing the forums. Anyone going to ASD 3/18? Have not found any posts for the upcoming event...
Oh, and I will be there Friday.
+1

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:36 pm

TheFactor...love the profile pic!

Sir Pink

New

Post by Sir Pink » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Hey! I have been accepted and will be attending admitted students day on 3/25. Haven't been given any scholarship money as of yet though :( Has anyone ever been to the Winston-Salem area? I'm really hoping its not really country and has somewhat of a city feel. Any info would be great!

TheFactor

Silver

Post by TheFactor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:50 pm

tstyler98 wrote:TheFactor...love the profile pic!
The man, the myth, the legend - The beautiful Bob Ross.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:25 pm

mizzjasmine07 wrote:Hey! I have been accepted and will be attending admitted students day on 3/25. Haven't been given any scholarship money as of yet though :( Has anyone ever been to the Winston-Salem area? I'm really hoping its not really country and has somewhat of a city feel. Any info would be great!
W-S is a mid to small city. It has a decent sized mall and enough traffic to be a pain in the ass.

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:00 am

mizzjasmine07 wrote:Hey! I have been accepted and will be attending admitted students day on 3/25. Haven't been given any scholarship money as of yet though :( Has anyone ever been to the Winston-Salem area? I'm really hoping its not really country and has somewhat of a city feel. Any info would be great!
Winston-Salem has a population of almost 500,000. It definitely has a city vibe to it. Pretty much everything you want as far as stores and restaurants is within a 15 minute drive from campus. It has a pretty good sized mall, 2 Walmarts, 2 Targets, pretty much every chain restaurant or fast food store including 3 Jimmy John's, most chain retail stores, etc. And the few things it might not have, you can always drive 30-45 minutes to go to Greensboro, a little over an hour to Charlotte, or a little less than 2 hours to Raleigh.

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:10 am

tstyler98 wrote:
Winston-Salem has a population of almost 500,000. It definitely has a city vibe to it. Pretty much everything you want as far as stores and restaurants is within a 15 minute drive from campus. It has a pretty good sized mall, 2 Walmarts, 2 Targets, pretty much every chain restaurant or fast food store including 3 Jimmy John's, most chain retail stores, etc. And the few things it might not have, you can always drive 30-45 minutes to go to Greensboro, a little over an hour to Charlotte, or a little less than 2 hours to Raleigh.
Winston isn't quite that big..."Winston-Salem is a city in the U.S. state of North Carolina, with a 2010 population of 229,617" per wikipedia. It does however have really anything you could possibly need as stated above.

SherlockHolmes

Bronze

Post by SherlockHolmes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:11 am

Thought I'd join in on this thread since, barring admittance to my remaining reaches, I'll likely be attending in the fall.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SunnyBee

New

Post by SunnyBee » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:15 am

Does anyone know if there's a FB group or page for us yet?

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Hey guys, starting to look like I will be attending. I still need to hear back from my top two, but I don't think I am that lucky. I went to their scholar day back in feb and was pretty impressed. I think I would enjoy three years there,

SunnyBee

New

Post by SunnyBee » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:29 pm

For those of you interested in communicating to future classmates in a more open fashion, there is now a "Wake Forest Law Class of 2014" FB group

jetergrl2ss

Bronze

Post by jetergrl2ss » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:03 pm

SunnyBee wrote:For those of you interested in communicating to future classmates in a more open fashion, there is now a "Wake Forest Law Class of 2014" FB group
I tried to search for it an it's not showing up! Can you post a link?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SunnyBee

New

Post by SunnyBee » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Bulls

New

Post by Bulls » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Joined fb group and just bought a shirt online, I guess I should send in that deposit soon.

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:33 am

NCtoDC wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:
Winston isn't quite that big..."Winston-Salem is a city in the U.S. state of North Carolina, with a 2010 population of 229,617" per wikipedia. It does however have really anything you could possibly need as stated above.
You're right. I was on the wikipedia page as well, but looked at the 2009 population estimate and missed the 2010 one.

TammyC.Hsu

New

Post by TammyC.Hsu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:36 am

CaptainApathy wrote:Tired of waiting on Chapel Hill, Emory didn't offer enough money, and Wake has the most beautiful campus I've seen in my years of visiting college towns. Sending in my deposit this week, I'll be seeing you guys in the Fall.
See ya in August! Wake won me over on ASD. Beautiful campus for sure!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TammyC.Hsu

New

Post by TammyC.Hsu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:42 am

NCtoDC wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:
Depending on where you're coming from, Winston-Salem is more like a "big town". I spent some time walking around downtown when I visited on ASD, and I was rather disappointed. But then again, they have a downtown newsletter that talked about revitalization, and there are many people moving into town who are dedicated to developing Winston Salem into a "real" city. Personally, I'm hoping for lots of live music and jazz in the Arts district... Outside of downtown, I don't know that they have a bar district or much of a nightlife.

I was quite surprised how few grocery stores and shopping plazas that I drove past. It was mostly all neighborhoods. The Stratford Rd area in the south of the city near Hanes Mall is the part of Winston Salem that houses the restaurants and stores, judging from my experience driving around. . .

And as for traffic, I made it from downtown to Wake Forest in 5 minutes in "rush hour".

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:03 pm

TammyC.Hsu wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:
Depending on where you're coming from, Winston-Salem is more like a "big town". I spent some time walking around downtown when I visited on ASD, and I was rather disappointed. But then again, they have a downtown newsletter that talked about revitalization, and there are many people moving into town who are dedicated to developing Winston Salem into a "real" city. Personally, I'm hoping for lots of live music and jazz in the Arts district... Outside of downtown, I don't know that they have a bar district or much of a nightlife.

I was quite surprised how few grocery stores and shopping plazas that I drove past. It was mostly all neighborhoods. The Stratford Rd area in the south of the city near Hanes Mall is the part of Winston Salem that houses the restaurants and stores, judging from my experience driving around. . .

And as for traffic, I made it from downtown to Wake Forest in 5 minutes in "rush hour".
There are several bars that aren't in the downtown area. Since you're coming to Wake in the Fall, you'll have lot of opportunities to go out. There are plenty of grocery stores here, including Harris Teeter, Whole Foods, Lowe's Foods, Food Lion. You sometimes have to explore down some of the roads.

lamentable

New

Post by lamentable » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Hey guys, does any one know about the date for the house hunt?

TammyC.Hsu

New

Post by TammyC.Hsu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:32 pm

lamentable wrote:Hey guys, does any one know about the date for the house hunt?
On Friday, Debbie Walker mentioned it would be either one of the first two weeks in June, depending on the Dash's schedule.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:49 pm

tstyler98 wrote:There are several bars that aren't in the downtown area. Since you're coming to Wake in the Fall, you'll have lot of opportunities to go out. There are plenty of grocery stores here, including Harris Teeter, Whole Foods, Lowe's Foods, Food Lion. You sometimes have to explore down some of the roads.

This is exciting :-)

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:46 pm

TammyC.Hsu wrote:
lamentable wrote:Hey guys, does any one know about the date for the house hunt?
On Friday, Debbie Walker mentioned it would be either one of the first two weeks in June, depending on the Dash's schedule.
Ugh if I end up here, I hope that House Hunt isn't the same weekend as my 5 yr UG reunion :(

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:16 pm

And for the retards, not me of course, wtf is the house hunt?

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:44 pm

jdemmitt wrote:And for the retards, not me of course, wtf is the house hunt?
It is an event hosted by the school where they shuttle you around to different apartment complexes and allows you to find roommates with fellow students.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”