Yale Law Transfer 2020

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 347700
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:59 am

Anyone else apply to Yale?
Stats are: T20 and 3.89
Has anyone heard back?

castor

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:56 pm

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by castor » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:39 pm

I think we still have about a month of waiting if you look at past years.
T-50; 3.96; #2

jessM101

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:55 pm

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by jessM101 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:14 pm

have they told you whether the application is complete?

SherlockShokralla

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:22 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by SherlockShokralla » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:07 pm

T2 (60-70~)
4.06, school doesn't rank but I'm guessing top 3-4%?

From past 509s my chances are super duper slim but thought I might as well shoot my shot. Just submitted yesterday, got an email from YLS that they're transmitting, and will let me know when it is complete. Good luck to everyone!

mab9ve

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:43 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by mab9ve » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:46 pm

SherlockShokralla wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:07 pm
T2 (60-70~)
4.06, school doesn't rank but I'm guessing top 3-4%?

From past 509s my chances are super duper slim but thought I might as well shoot my shot. Just submitted yesterday, got an email from YLS that they're transmitting, and will let me know when it is complete. Good luck to everyone!
You have an amazing GPA (over a 4.0)! Why do you think you'd have a slim chance? That's nuts.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


SherlockShokralla

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:22 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by SherlockShokralla » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:37 pm

mab9ve wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:46 pm
SherlockShokralla wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:07 pm
T2 (60-70~)
4.06, school doesn't rank but I'm guessing top 3-4%?

From past 509s my chances are super duper slim but thought I might as well shoot my shot. Just submitted yesterday, got an email from YLS that they're transmitting, and will let me know when it is complete. Good luck to everyone!
You have an amazing GPA (over a 4.0)! Why do you think you'd have a slim chance? That's nuts.
Looking at the 509s, they've never really accepted anyone outside of the top 50. And even then, they've only accepted 1. They mostly accept from lower t14s and t20-30s~.

mab9ve

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:43 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by mab9ve » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:50 pm

SherlockShokralla wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:37 pm
mab9ve wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:46 pm
SherlockShokralla wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:07 pm
T2 (60-70~)
4.06, school doesn't rank but I'm guessing top 3-4%?

From past 509s my chances are super duper slim but thought I might as well shoot my shot. Just submitted yesterday, got an email from YLS that they're transmitting, and will let me know when it is complete. Good luck to everyone!
You have an amazing GPA (over a 4.0)! Why do you think you'd have a slim chance? That's nuts.
Looking at the 509s, they've never really accepted anyone outside of the top 50. And even then, they've only accepted 1. They mostly accept from lower t14s and t20-30s~.
Did you apply to other T-6 or T-14 schools?

SherlockShokralla

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:22 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by SherlockShokralla » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:23 am

mab9ve wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:50 pm
SherlockShokralla wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:37 pm
mab9ve wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:46 pm
SherlockShokralla wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:07 pm
T2 (60-70~)
4.06, school doesn't rank but I'm guessing top 3-4%?

From past 509s my chances are super duper slim but thought I might as well shoot my shot. Just submitted yesterday, got an email from YLS that they're transmitting, and will let me know when it is complete. Good luck to everyone!
You have an amazing GPA (over a 4.0)! Why do you think you'd have a slim chance? That's nuts.
Looking at the 509s, they've never really accepted anyone outside of the top 50. And even then, they've only accepted 1. They mostly accept from lower t14s and t20-30s~.
Did you apply to other T-6 or T-14 schools?
Yeah, I'm not really transfer-or-bust. I'm just throwing apps to see if my dream is worth pursuing. I threw an app at HLS and CLS too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 347700
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:05 pm

Updated the wrong thread.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


castor

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:56 pm

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by castor » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:48 pm

Hold on, status checker?

momoontherun

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:26 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by momoontherun » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:47 pm

T80 with 3.6X. Top 18% - probably don't have a chance but figure why not? Good luck to everyone!

mab9ve

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:43 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by mab9ve » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Is there a status checker for Yale? I haven't received an e-mail saying that they have received my application, has anyone else?

castor

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:56 pm

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by castor » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:27 pm

There isn’t a status checker. I did get an email that my application was complete!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


mab9ve

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:43 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by mab9ve » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:37 pm

castor wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:27 pm
There isn’t a status checker. I did get an email that my application was complete!
Thank you! Did you send your application close to the deadline? When did you get this complete e-mail?

castor

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:56 pm

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by castor » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:26 pm

No, I sent it pretty early (around May 15) but my transcript followed about 2-3 weeks later. I got the email the first week of june

mab9ve

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:43 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by mab9ve » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:15 pm

castor wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:26 pm
No, I sent it pretty early (around May 15) but my transcript followed about 2-3 weeks later. I got the email the first week of june
Thank you! You've been most helpful!

Mokee

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:14 pm

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by Mokee » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:01 am

Does anyone know when YLS usually starts releasing decisions?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


ab2327

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by ab2327 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:52 pm

I believe they release decisions beginning of July.

Pandain01

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by Pandain01 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:10 pm

Random Q- was the personal statement supposed to be 250 words? I didn't remember that as a limitation but I see mentions of it 9n the internet

SherlockShokralla

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:22 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by SherlockShokralla » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:14 am

Pandain01 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:10 pm
Random Q- was the personal statement supposed to be 250 words? I didn't remember that as a limitation but I see mentions of it 9n the internet
On the Q & A they hosted, the of admissions said personal statements should be capped at 2 pages double spaced.

castor

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:56 pm

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by castor » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:06 am

Mokee wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:01 am
Does anyone know when YLS usually starts releasing decisions?
Last year they started June 27! But this years email says mid-July at the latest, so who knows

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


mab9ve

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:43 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by mab9ve » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:32 pm

castor wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:06 am
Mokee wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:01 am
Does anyone know when YLS usually starts releasing decisions?
Last year they started June 27! But this years email says mid-July at the latest, so who knows
What e-mail did you get that says this? I haven’t even received a complete e-mail :oops:

SherlockShokralla

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:22 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by SherlockShokralla » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:59 am

mab9ve wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:32 pm
castor wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:06 am
Mokee wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:01 am
Does anyone know when YLS usually starts releasing decisions?
Last year they started June 27! But this years email says mid-July at the latest, so who knows
What e-mail did you get that says this? I haven’t even received a complete e-mail :oops:
If you haven’t gotten a complete email, call them and tell them that. I did so earlier in the week and they told me that they were missing a Dean cert. I wouldn’t have found that out without calling them and asking why I wasn’t complete.

Mokee

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:14 pm

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by Mokee » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:48 am

Anyone know if the folks who were notified last year in June were fastracked because they were WL the year before...? Also, had a friend who applied last year and was rejected July 3.

SherlockShokralla

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:22 am

Re: Yale Law Transfer 2020

Post by SherlockShokralla » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:17 pm

Looks like someone already heard back on Reddit, so it seems like they’re sending out decisions. Good luck everyone!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”