Pass/Fail credits at new school? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bearhair89

New

Pass/Fail credits at new school?

Post by bearhair89 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:07 pm

Is there a possibility that schools won't be accepting transfer students' P/F credits taken at their previous institutions? Most schools require a C or above in order for their credits to transfer, but with P/F there's no way to know whether someone got an A-, D+, or anything in between. For those of you who've been admitted as transfer students, have schools informed you of how they plan to reconcile your P/F units and whether they will be transferable toward your degree?

cavalier1138

Re: Pass/Fail credits at new school?

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:50 pm

I'd be absolutely shocked if anyone didn't treat Ps as transferable, but the individual school(s) you're interested in would be a better source for that information than here.

bearhair89

New

Post by bearhair89 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:21 pm

The school I am transferring to has asked me to fill out and sign a petition in order for my P/F credits from my spring semester to be transferrable toward my degree at the new school, especially since my professors are unable to confirm whether I received a C or above due to the mandatory P/F grading scheme (a P at my current school is anything above a D-). Do you think this will be common in light of COVID?

ignorantfoot96

New

Post by ignorantfoot96 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:37 pm

bearhair89 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:21 pm
The school I am transferring to has asked me to fill out and sign a petition in order for my P/F credits from my spring semester to be transferrable toward my degree at the new school, especially since my professors are unable to confirm whether I received a C or above due to the mandatory P/F grading scheme (a P at my current school is anything above a D-). Do you think this will be common in light of COVID?
The two schools I have been admitted to so far have said nothing remotely similar. They want a syllabus from the class to ensure like we learned the same or close to the same material. But, that is it. Do you mind me asking what school?

bearhair89

New

Post by bearhair89 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:08 pm

I’d rather keep this as anonymous as possible. I’m not sure if this might become standard given the discrepancies between what constitutes a P at different institutions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”