2nd semester LOR - NYU in particular Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
humanoidNY

New

2nd semester LOR - NYU in particular

Post by humanoidNY » Sun May 10, 2020 6:04 pm

I was feeling all set with two strong LORs from 1st semester professors. Legal writing, where I got to know the prof very well, and crim law, which is where I want to practice.

Then I see this on the NYU transfer website: "we strongly recommend that you submit a letter or letters of recommendation from a law school faculty member who might give the Admissions Committee added context for your performance during the spring semester."

Should I interpret this as a pretty much a requirement? I have a 3.94 Fall GPA but I'm trying to transfer from a TTT in NYC, so I figure I need just about every break I can get.

If I get a third LOR should I submit three, or drop one of the others? I would ask my Civ Pro professor who went to NYU. I participated a decent amount pre-Covid, but never went to office hours and didn't establish a relationship with her like to other two LOR writers.

zg43

New

Re: 2nd semester LOR - NYU in particular

Post by zg43 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:52 pm

I'd only do it if you had a good relationship with the professor and think he/she'd write a strong recommendation. I think it could actually be counter-productive to submit a shitty LOR from a professor from this semester.

KPUSN07

Bronze

Re: 2nd semester LOR - NYU in particular

Post by KPUSN07 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:07 am

zg43 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:52 pm
I'd only do it if you had a good relationship with the professor and think he/she'd write a strong recommendation. I think it could actually be counter-productive to submit a shitty LOR from a professor from this semester.
Agree - I was fortunate enough to have a Professor that taught me fall and spring semester.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”