Which T14 options? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
purplegoldtornado

Bronze

Which T14 options?

Post by purplegoldtornado » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Mid T2. 3.76 GPA. One CALI. What are my chances (if any) of T14 schools?

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Which T14 options?

Post by crazywafflez » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:33 pm

GPA is importnat, but your class ranking even more so. I think where your school is (what region) also plays a factor. I.e. GW feeds more into Georgetown and UNC feeds more into Duke, but this could be self-selection too. I'm just gonna guess you are looking for a generic answer, and I'm going to guess you are in the top 20%- I'd say a real shot at Georgetown on down the T20. I think the lower t14 are all still in play though but much more of a reach. I think CCN on down are most likely not gonna happen but ya never know.
Best of luck

purplegoldtornado

Bronze

Post by purplegoldtornado » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:41 am

Hey, thanks for the comment! Pretty accurate analysis I am sure. I am in the top ten percent! Should have clarified in my earlier post.

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Post by decimalsanddollars » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:24 am

Agree broadly with wafflez's analysis, particularly about regionality. I will say that Duke and UVA (plus Cornell, to a lesser extent) don't take very many transfers---although the transfers they *do* take tend to be from their immediate region. Georgetown takes over a hundred transfers annually (from all over the country), and you'd have a fighting chance there. Northwestern and NYU would be worth the app, but at least the latter is a long shot.

purplegoldtornado

Bronze

Post by purplegoldtornado » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Thanks! I am from the midwest (an Ohio school).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Post by decimalsanddollars » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:21 pm

proudgunner wrote:Thanks! I am from the midwest (an Ohio school).
I recommend applying broadly, including to Michigan, both Chicago schools, Georgetown, and NYU (if you want to be in NYC, can afford the extra low-expected-chances app). More applications means better chances overall.

purplegoldtornado

Bronze

Post by purplegoldtornado » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:25 pm

Absolutely. I am planning on applying to: Georgetown, Duke, UPenn, Michigain, NYU, Northwestern, and Chicago. I also need to note (not sure why I didn't just do this in the original post) that I also obtained a federal judicial clerkship for this summer.

I think I have an OK shot at Georgetown and everything else is a stretch. However, I am really anxious to see how COVID-19 alters things. I think it should work for my benefit.

Recap: 3.76, Top ten percent, CALI, federal judicial summer clerkship, Midwest, and I have lots of really good relationships with my professors. The school I go to has such an awesome faculty.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”