Chances for Lateral Transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Chances for Lateral Transfer?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:55 pm

Hey all, hope you guys are doing well! I was just wondering if someone could help me out.

Right now I go to GW (#22, dropped a bit in 2017 rankings) and I want to transfer to a school in Southern California. Unfortunately I did awful in the fall and I landed below median. I would guess I'm in the 55-60% range, maybe even 65% at absolute worst. Assuming I improve marginally and land in the median (50%) by second semester, could I feasibly transfer to:

UC Irvine (#28 in 2017)
Loyola Law School LA (#65 in 2017)
USC
UCLA
GULC

I know the last three are total reaches, but I've heard of some transfer stories from T20 up a few ranks with the median. Just figured I'd see my chances here and make a decision from there. Thank you for any information!

If my undergrad matters, I was at a 3.45/166, and I got into Emory and GW with 50% scholarship and I was offered to waitlist for WUSTL (but I didn't take it). I was rejected from GULC. I never applied to USC/LA/Irvine if that matters as well.

Return to “Transfers”