USF --> Boalt? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mflmiguel

New

USF --> Boalt?

Post by mflmiguel » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:27 am

Background
LSAT: 154
LSGPA: 3.66 (3 CALI's)
Scholarship @ USF: 25k (But could increase after negotiating with the school)

Career Interests: Initially interested in immigration/public interest (currently working at a public interest firm), but now that the door for BigLaw is open (as well as judicial clerkships), Berkeley seems just too good to pass up, ESPECIALLY considering where I started.

Long term goals - either own my own practice or a judgeship.

The choice to transfer up to Boalt seems obvious, but I would appreciate some honest feedback as to whether this is this best move for me.

sap

Bronze

Re: USF --> Boalt?

Post by sap » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:18 am

If you got in, go. The door to biglaw is not open from USF. Also, I know from personal experience that they do not negotiate scholarships. They negotiated with NONE of the people I know who transferred out in my class (and at least some of those people had better rankings than you).

mflmiguel

New

Post by mflmiguel » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:47 am

Thank you for the input! I've heard the chances for negotiating anything are slim to none, but it wouldn't hurt to try. At any rate, I AM in, and am edging towards accepting.

As a long time lurker on this forum, I can't say how much TLS has helped me throughout my 1L year and the collective wisdom here is absolute gold.

jello909

New

Post by jello909 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:39 pm

mflmiguel wrote:Background
LSAT: 154
LSGPA: 3.66 (3 CALI's)
Scholarship @ USF: 25k (But could increase after negotiating with the school)

Career Interests: Initially interested in immigration/public interest (currently working at a public interest firm), but now that the door for BigLaw is open (as well as judicial clerkships), Berkeley seems just too good to pass up, ESPECIALLY considering where I started.

Long term goals - either own my own practice or a judgeship.

The choice to transfer up to Boalt seems obvious, but I would appreciate some honest feedback as to whether this is this best move for me.
When did you go under review at boalt? I have very similiar stats and went UR 6/13

mflmiguel

New

Post by mflmiguel » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:40 pm

I don't recall when I went under review, but it was likely around that time as well. I received the acceptance email on the 20th. Second round of acceptances is likely after 7/11/14 (after first round of acceptance/withdrawals are decided). Best of luck to you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”