transferring to NU's 3 year JD/MBA Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
whuts4lunch

Bronze

transferring to NU's 3 year JD/MBA

Post by whuts4lunch » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Can someone transfer from a regular JD program into Northwestern's 3-year JD/MBA?

lawschoolgrapedme

Bronze

Re: transferring to NU's 3 year JD/MBA

Post by lawschoolgrapedme » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:59 pm

No. I tried.

lsatcrazy

Bronze

Post by lsatcrazy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:04 pm

No, unless you are a 1L at Northwestern.

whuts4lunch

Bronze

Post by whuts4lunch » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Any idea what kind of grades from a Top 30 (coupled with one year of solid work experience) I would need to have a shot as a transfer to JD/MBA (regular 4 year) at Penn, NU, Duke, or CCN?

koalatriste

Bronze

Post by koalatriste » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:23 pm

whuts4lunch wrote:Any idea what kind of grades from a Top 30 (coupled with one year of solid work experience) I would need to have a shot as a transfer to JD/MBA (regular 4 year) at Penn, NU, Duke, or CCN?
come back when you actually have some.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wiscohopeful

Bronze

Post by wiscohopeful » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:08 pm

I know of someone who did. Finished his 2nd year at first school but had to give up those years courses to do so...i think they made an exception

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:16 pm

OP: Class rank is probably a better gauge for transfer students than grades.

To transfer from Emory to Northwestern, Duke or Penn likely would "require" top 15% or better class standing; but still apply if you're in the top 20% & have compelling reasons to transfer. Columbia or Chicago may want top 5%. NYU top 10%. Nevertheless, few elite law schools specify precise class rank minimums for transfers to the best of my knowledge. (However, Virginia specifies top 5% or better & Yale requires a letter of recommendation from God.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”