transfer T2-T2 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawschoolfun

New

transfer T2-T2

Post by lawschoolfun » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Last edited by lawschoolfun on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawloser22

Bronze

Re: transfer T2-T2

Post by lawloser22 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Do it. You should absolutely transfer to the region you want to work in. Your LSAT is now irrelevant. You'll get in.

lawschoolfun

New

Post by lawschoolfun » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:36 pm

lawloser22 wrote:Do it. You should absolutely transfer to the region you want to work in. Your LSAT is now irrelevant. You'll get in.
thanks for the reply! i know the lsat is now irrelevant, just wanted to let people know i did well at a school with a nearly identical student body.

advice from others, especially those who had a similar situation would be much appreciated.

bilboteabaggins

New

Post by bilboteabaggins » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:42 pm

transfer. lsat is irrelevant. you should have a good shot.

UCLAtransfer

Bronze

Post by UCLAtransfer » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:53 am

don't worry about future performance, even at a "much better" ls. based on available evidence, the vast majority of transfers end up doing just as well (or better) post-transfer as at their old school, largely based on the relaxed curve, having tried and true/successful study habits, and just "getting" law school exams.

with that said, unless you are transferring up to t14 or close to it, transferring to a school in the geographic area you want to end up in is an EXCELLENT idea and a great reason to transfer. i don't know what area you are trying to transfer into, but if there are other, higher ranked schools there it is worth applying to them also.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:18 pm

OP: 1) What market are you at now, and what market are you trying to transfer into? 2) Are you on scholarship at your current school?

Transferring to a target market could be a fantastic idea (i.e. You're in Texas at Baylor and you want to practice in Kansas and transfer to KU.) or a terrible idea (i.e. You're in D.C. at American and you want to transfer to 'dozo in NYC).

lawschoolfun

New

Post by lawschoolfun » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”