Problem solved, thanks Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
vapourfox

New

Problem solved, thanks

Post by vapourfox » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Problem solved, thanks
Last edited by vapourfox on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

patrickd139

Gold

Re: Ranking 12%-13% in T30-40, Transfer to T14, Chance?

Post by patrickd139 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:36 pm

vapourfox wrote:I do love my law school, however, the market is gloomy here. And as i want to focus on legal issues in international business, i guess a bigger market is better.

My fall grade is about 12%-13%, 1 Cali awards,and
an offer from Law Journal, no other impressive softs.
I was majored in accounting in undergraduate and got an international CPA certificate. CFA level 2 candidate...

I am thinking of transferring to NY, DC or Boston, Any thoughts? or should I apply ED?

Thanks!!!
Flame?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:04 pm

patrickd139 wrote:Flame?
OP posted from a law school ranked in the T30-40 range. If they're a flame, they're an elaborate one.
vapourfox wrote:I do love my law school, however, the market is gloomy here. And as i want to focus on legal issues in international business, i guess a bigger market is better.

My fall grade is about 12%-13%, 1 Cali awards,and an offer from Law Journal, no other impressive softs.
I was majored in accounting in undergraduate and got an international CPA certificate. CFA level 2 candidate...

I am thinking of transferring to NY, DC or Boston, Any thoughts? or should I apply ED?

Thanks!!!
Some factors:

1) What do you actually want to do when you graduate? I don't mean "focus on legal issues in international business", that's both vague and unrealistic. Where are you hoping to work? BigLaw? PI? Any particular market?

2) If you didn't transfer, what kind of jobs do you think you could get where you are now? Would you be happy with this?

3) Do you think you can bring your GPA up for the spring? Being in the top 10% of your class will help if you do try to transfer.

4) In NY and Boston, there are a total of three law schools ranked in the T14, all of which are in the T6. You may as well have asked "Chances at T6?"

5) GULC is the only law school in DC ranked in the T14. Are you saying you'd want to transfer there? Are you aware that the DC legal market is especially saturated and hard to break into? In another transfer thread, someone else today noted the only person they knew who was miserable after transferring had transferred up to GULC and struck out at OCI. Transferring to GULC, if it's possible, doesn't sound like a great idea unless you really know what you're doing.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:10 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:Flame?
OP posted from a law school ranked in the T30-40 range. If they're a flame, they're an elaborate one.
Touché. Sometimes it's easier to question and answer later.

OP: I don't have anything of value to add to VW's post other than that I had the option to go from T2->Lower T14 and passed. If you're interested in why, feel free to PM.

vapourfox

New

Post by vapourfox » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Actually I have Asia background and thinking of going to Hongkong, there's why T14 is important... I do not know exactly the job I ll do after graduation, big law sounds attractive, but I dont think i could be there for a long time cause i prefer more creative work...

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Just curious which school makes law journal offers based entirely off of fall semester grades?

Anyways, from what I understand, you'll want to bring your grades well into the top 10% (or maybe top 5%) for a crack at the T6. T14 is probably doable at top 15%, but I think you at least want to get into top 10%

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”