School between 65-75, 3.7 GPA Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BobSacamano

Bronze

School between 65-75, 3.7 GPA

Post by BobSacamano » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:50 pm

So, just for fun, how high can I go? My school is between 65-75 and my grades were A+, A, A, B last semester. I'm not sure what we curve to but I believe it's a 3.0, maybe a little higher.

NALP tells me that top 10% for the graduating class of 2008 was about 3.6, but I don't really know where a 3.7 puts me after a semester. Obviously I would have to replicate my performance this semester (easier said than done, I know).

I love the school and the city where I am currently, so it would take a T14 for me to pack up and leave. Plus given my family situation it would have to be a big city likely. CCN would be perfect, but I have no idea what my chances are, and the Yahoo transferapps database doesn't help much. I'm not sure how much better my career prospects are coming from a T14 than top 10% from a strong regional school.

Return to “Transfers”