Transferring Down Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Connelly

Bronze

Transferring Down

Post by Connelly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:42 am

I know someone in a situation where he will very likely transfer from a T2 to a TTT with some decent reasons. Any chances of scholarships going in that direction? I wouldn't think schools would have much incentive to throw money out in this fashion, but I thought I would ask.

Pearalegal

Silver

Re: Transferring Down

Post by Pearalegal » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:43 am

What? No. Why?

Connelly

Bronze

Post by Connelly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:34 am

Let's say you grew up in Wyoming and loved it there. But then you meet a great girl from New York and get married. She loves NY, so you move there to start a career and life with her. You get into Brooklyn Law School and are doing pretty well. During your first year, she gets hit by a bus and dies. You have no friends in NY, and it constantly reminds you of your loss. You'd love to go back to Wyoming to practice law, and graduating from Wyoming Law would be the best help to getting started in that state. You want to transfer. Something along those lines. Essentially, major life changes prompting you to want to move back home where going to the regional school would be an advantage or at least no worse than where you are currently attending.

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:14 am

Almost always transferring means paying sticker because schools have no incentive to throw you money (i.e. transfers aren't considered for the USNews rankings). Your best bet is browsing the school's website and/or calling the school you want to transfer to.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”