U of Houston Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
billaboy12

New

U of Houston Class of 2013

Post by billaboy12 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:59 pm

i know some still haven't heard, but for those who have, congrats. I visited this weekend, and I am now officially attending. get pumped

Bustang

Bronze

Re: U of Houston Class of 2013

Post by Bustang » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:17 pm

I am attending as well!

rulagi

New

Post by rulagi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:22 pm

I'll be there too...pending some miracle paperwork mix up at UCLA or GW

billaboy12

New

Post by billaboy12 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:47 pm

awesome.. it's good to know someone other than myself will be attending. for a while it seemed like no one knew. where are ya'll planning on living?

rulagi

New

Post by rulagi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:56 pm

billaboy12 wrote:awesome.. it's good to know someone other than myself will be attending. for a while it seemed like no one knew. where are ya'll planning on living?
I'm not sure yet. I'm heading over there tuesday after next once my finals are over. I'm not too familiar w/ the area, I might end up at the lofts on campus b/c of the location. I'm tempted to move further south and deal w/ the commute so I can be closer to the beach.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:06 pm

rulagi wrote:
billaboy12 wrote:awesome.. it's good to know someone other than myself will be attending. for a while it seemed like no one knew. where are ya'll planning on living?
I'm not sure yet. I'm heading over there tuesday after next once my finals are over. I'm not too familiar w/ the area, I might end up at the lofts on campus b/c of the location. I'm tempted to move further south and deal w/ the commute so I can be closer to the beach.
Beach?!??! hhaaaaahahahahhaahhahahahaahhahahaah

I lived in Houston for year's and love the city, but Galveston falls extremely short of a beach!!!! They do have some interesting 3 and 4 eyes fish species.

rulagi

New

Post by rulagi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:16 pm

SportsFanatic wrote:
rulagi wrote:

I lived in Houston for year's and love the city, but Galveston falls extremely short of a beach!!!! They do have some interesting 3 and 4 eyes fish species.
Yeah, I know. But when it's all I can get, I'll take it.

Josh the Goat

New

Post by Josh the Goat » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Even if you lived closer to the beach, do you really think you'll be visiting there much during 1L year? If you do, then you're underestimating how much reading they'll assign and how much time you'll end up wasting in Legal Research and Writing.

Bustang

Bronze

Post by Bustang » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Josh the Goat wrote:Even if you lived closer to the beach, do you really think you'll be visiting there much during 1L year? If you do, then you're underestimating how much reading they'll assign and how much time you'll end up wasting in Legal Research and Writing.
LRW... while important, makes me cringe :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rulagi

New

Post by rulagi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Josh the Goat wrote:Even if you lived closer to the beach, do you really think you'll be visiting there much during 1L year? If you do, then you're underestimating how much reading they'll assign and how much time you'll end up wasting in Legal Research and Writing.
I'm aware of the time commitments, but I'll need to have some down time. And since I don't drink, that'll free up some hours here and there.

madmartigan

Bronze

Post by madmartigan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:56 pm

I’ve committed to UofH as well. Nice to see a 2013 thread for us.

Oh and by the by, we need to have a TLSforum bar meetup a week or two before school, when people get moved down there.
Last edited by madmartigan on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madmartigan

Bronze

Post by madmartigan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:01 pm

SportsFanatic wrote:
rulagi wrote:

I’ve heard both ways on Galveston (or is it Corpus…?) Anyways, a friend of mine in Houston said that <whatever beach it is> is a pretty nice beach. Other people I have talked to say it sucks.

I know LS is time consuming, but a short drive to read on the beach vs a library could be refreshing.

Whichever beach that is everyone talks about, how far is it from UofH campus?

rulagi

New

Post by rulagi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:13 pm

madmartigan wrote:
SportsFanatic wrote:
rulagi wrote:

I’ve heard both ways on Galveston (or is it Corpus…?) Anyways, a friend of mine in Houston said that <whatever beach it is> is a pretty nice beach. Other people I have talked to say it sucks.

I know LS is time consuming, but a short drive to read on the beach vs a library could be refreshing.

Whichever beach that is everyone talks about, how far is it from UofH campus?
From what I've mapped; 45-60 min from campus

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dolce102

New

Post by dolce102 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm doin the lofts for my 1L... then moving out to the Upper Kirby/River Oaks area for 2L.

billaboy12

New

Post by billaboy12 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:45 am

glad to see some action on here.

i'm all for some beach trips or whatever is needed to keep a fresh mind throughout 1L, so we'll definitely have to follow up on that. also, i'll be moving down a lot earlier than expected from D.C. (beginning of June), so if anyone is in the area after that shoot me a message, and I'd gladly meet up at a bar. living in Midtown should provide plenty of opportunities for that.

HBK

Bronze

Post by HBK » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:52 am

Galveston is great if you like brown water, lots of jelly fish, and one foot waves.

I grew up in Houston. It's rare that anyone actually wants to go to Galveston.

Bustang

Bronze

Post by Bustang » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:12 pm

Someone provided a great google map's of the Houston area surrounding the law school. Could anyone post up some zipcodes of said area(s)? I'm going to start my apartment/house search!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Josh the Goat

New

Post by Josh the Goat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Here's the map of the various neighborhoods

Here's the map of the zipcodes to compare that to. You can search other areas at http://maps.huge.info/zip.htm.
--ImageRemoved--

Bustang

Bronze

Post by Bustang » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:33 pm

Josh the Goat wrote:Here's the map of the various neighborhoods

Here's the map of the zipcodes to compare that to. You can search other areas at http://maps.huge.info/zip.htm.
--ImageRemoved--
Thanks a lot, Josh. You've been more than helpful!

Josh the Goat

New

Post by Josh the Goat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:59 pm

Bustang wrote:Thanks a lot, Josh. You've been more than helpful!
No problem. I'm procrastinating before finals anyway. Might as well help out someone.

Bustang

Bronze

Post by Bustang » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:47 pm

Anyone want to make a facebook page?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Bustang

Bronze

Post by Bustang » Mon May 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Anyone know how mac friendly U of H is?

Josh the Goat

New

Post by Josh the Goat » Mon May 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Lots of people use macs in the law school. I haven't heard any real problems about it. The tech department can help students map to printers or any other problems.

billaboy12

New

Post by billaboy12 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:25 pm

when should we expect to know our sections/schedules?

madmartigan

Bronze

Post by madmartigan » Tue May 04, 2010 3:01 pm

billaboy12 wrote:when should we expect to know our sections/schedules?
We don’t get to pick classes. They assign us to classes/sections just before school starts.

I hope they don’t give me all 8AMs. I loathe nearly everything that happens pre-10AM…

Hey Josh, do you remember what your 1L fall schedule was like, in terms of time? Does the law school have a lot of early classes (no whammies!, no whammies!)?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”