Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:48 am

dp73816 wrote:
jasonac21 wrote:Have you checked out Haddonfield Manor? It's cheap and right across the street from the PATCO. Great location in a nice town. Are you considering the Victor at all?

All booked up. How do I know? Got the last one (!!!)
F U :)

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:45 pm

*Crickets*

So. . . where did everybody go?

ellebee

New

Post by ellebee » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:49 pm

Yeah i was wondering the same thing too. i always look to see if anyone posted. I miss everyone :oops:

here's one: How much of a vacation time are you guys giving yourself before school starts? I'm taking a month of to relax, hustle out of here then move across the country.

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:54 pm

Last edited by Jerzeegirl on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellebee

New

Post by ellebee » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:03 pm

Which class are you in for the summer? I'm in contracts 3? Are you on the facebook group?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:12 pm

ellebee wrote:Yeah i was wondering the same thing too. i always look to see if anyone posted. I miss everyone :oops:

here's one: How much of a vacation time are you guys giving yourself before school starts? I'm taking a month of to relax, hustle out of here then move across the country.
Probably only a couple of weeks. Will stop work at the end of July and try to move my stuff around the first week in August (though I probably won't stay down there until just before orientation). I'm only a couple of hours away, and I want to work as long as possible for $$$ purposes.

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:26 pm

ellebee wrote:Which class are you in for the summer? I'm in contracts 3? Are you on the facebook group?
Not yet
Last edited by Jerzeegirl on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ellebee

New

Post by ellebee » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Jerzeegirl wrote: Contracts 1. No facebook yet. Not sure how my boss will feel about the whole law school thing. I think he's under the impression that I'm with him for life. I'm waiting to tell him and then I'll join.
Aww he'll miss you!

I have yet to find anyone that's in contracts 3. Hopefully all the good summer places aren't gone by then!

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:17 pm

Last edited by Jerzeegirl on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ellebee

New

Post by ellebee » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Jerzeegirl wrote:Summer places. . . as in rentals? I don't think so. I've been down to look a bunch of times. There are so many places to live, they can't possibly all fill up. I guess it depends on how close you want to be to the school. I'm torn between commuting 15-20 minutes and having lots of space or living right by school and having less space but the aquarium in my backyard. Yearly passes are under $200 and my little one would never tire of visiting. Also love the idea of rolling out of bed and going to class. I'm low maintenance so I could probably lounge in my pj's til 10 minutes before class 8)
YEP! I'm like that too. I want to live at the Victor but calling and talking to leasing agents isn't very easy. I called 4 times this week with no one available to talk to me... If you guys had to choose between the On campus housing and the victor, what would you guys pick (disregard $ for now)?

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:22 pm

I'm in the Cherry Hill Crowne Plaza as we speak...visited Rutgers today. Needless to say, but I absolutely loved everything about the school; the students were pretty relaxed - especially for exam time- the campus was clean and compact, and in an incredibly awesome location (near both courthouses). As I expected, the "rough" parts of Camden were entirely overblown; if you're from the south, you more than likely have seen much, much worse. It seems that there are just some really bad areas where the gang problems are quite pronounced - it gives the entire town a much worse wrap than I believe it deserves.

I am staying in Haddonfield, and let me tell you, I am very glad. It is the most quaint and friendly little town you could imagine, with that "All-American" main st. feel about it; all of the buildings date from the 18th and 19th centuries, and have been restored with cool little boutique shops. It is easy to navigate, and having the PATCO directly across from my apartment is an additional bonus. Though I think Haddonfield Manor (where I am staying) is all booked up, it seems there are tons of little apartments above the storefronts that are available. Just visit the downtown area and look for "For Rent" signs - I'm sure something will turn up.

Now that I have visited, met with Dean Andrews and talked to some of the students, I feel fully confident in my decision to attend Rutgers-Camden. Even if a school such as Notre Dame comes through, as of right now, knowing Rutgers placements for judicial clerkships, national reputation, etc., I think I have found the school for me. The total cost of attendance vs. the quality of education seems to be too good of a deal to pass up. I hope to see you all in August!!!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:52 pm

ellebee wrote:
Jerzeegirl wrote:Summer places. . . as in rentals? I don't think so. I've been down to look a bunch of times. There are so many places to live, they can't possibly all fill up. I guess it depends on how close you want to be to the school. I'm torn between commuting 15-20 minutes and having lots of space or living right by school and having less space but the aquarium in my backyard. Yearly passes are under $200 and my little one would never tire of visiting. Also love the idea of rolling out of bed and going to class. I'm low maintenance so I could probably lounge in my pj's til 10 minutes before class 8)
YEP! I'm like that too. I want to live at the Victor but calling and talking to leasing agents isn't very easy. I called 4 times this week with no one available to talk to me... If you guys had to choose between the On campus housing and the victor, what would you guys pick (disregard $ for now)?
I'm going down next week to see what I can do about the Victor. If that fails, I'll sign up for the on-campus apts.

ETA: So glad you loved the school, dp :) :) :).

Niddar

New

Post by Niddar » Sat May 01, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm getting the keys to my new apartment in collingswood today. I'm so excited, feels real that Law School is starting soon.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Mon May 03, 2010 9:30 am

Niddar wrote:I'm getting the keys to my new apartment in collingswood today. I'm so excited, feels real that Law School is starting soon.
Are you in Jumpstart? I'm supposed to be starting in June, but have yet to move. Looks like I'll be commuting the first month. Congrats on the new place. Very exciting :D

JuTMSY4

Bronze

Post by JuTMSY4 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 am

Looks like I'll be seeing you guys in the fall.

Niddar

New

Post by Niddar » Mon May 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Jerzeegirl wrote:
Niddar wrote:I'm getting the keys to my new apartment in collingswood today. I'm so excited, feels real that Law School is starting soon.
Are you in Jumpstart? I'm supposed to be starting in June, but have yet to move. Looks like I'll be commuting the first month. Congrats on the new place. Very exciting :D
Nah, starting in August, need to work up until then. Thanks!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:50 pm

JuTMSY4 wrote:Looks like I'll be seeing you guys in the fall.
:D.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Tue May 04, 2010 10:34 am

ellebee wrote:Yeah i was wondering the same thing too. i always look to see if anyone posted. I miss everyone :oops:

I just put my 2 weeks in at work!!!! What a relief! I am planning to spend about 2 weeks in LA just doing nothing really besides going to bars and the beach. I will then go back to SF to spend time with the family - we have a vacation to Miami (never been) in June. Then, I have a backpacking trip with my buddies, and then its off to the east coast in mid July. I can't wait!!

It will be a good break before school starts but I hope to get some 0L prep in before school starts. I know people say not to do it but I really want to get a head start on it all before the game starts. No sense in going into the batter's box if you don't know how to swing a bat.

Anyone else doing any prep before school?

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 am

dp73816 wrote:I'm in the Cherry Hill Crowne Plaza as we speak...visited Rutgers today. Needless to say, but I absolutely loved everything about the school; the students were pretty relaxed - especially for exam time- the campus was clean and compact, and in an incredibly awesome location (near both courthouses). As I expected, the "rough" parts of Camden were entirely overblown; if you're from the south, you more than likely have seen much, much worse. It seems that there are just some really bad areas where the gang problems are quite pronounced - it gives the entire town a much worse wrap than I believe it deserves.

I am staying in Haddonfield, and let me tell you, I am very glad. It is the most quaint and friendly little town you could imagine, with that "All-American" main st. feel about it; all of the buildings date from the 18th and 19th centuries, and have been restored with cool little boutique shops. It is easy to navigate, and having the PATCO directly across from my apartment is an additional bonus. Though I think Haddonfield Manor (where I am staying) is all booked up, it seems there are tons of little apartments above the storefronts that are available. Just visit the downtown area and look for "For Rent" signs - I'm sure something will turn up.

Now that I have visited, met with Dean Andrews and talked to some of the students, I feel fully confident in my decision to attend Rutgers-Camden. Even if a school such as Notre Dame comes through, as of right now, knowing Rutgers placements for judicial clerkships, national reputation, etc., I think I have found the school for me. The total cost of attendance vs. the quality of education seems to be too good of a deal to pass up. I hope to see you all in August!!!

I felt the same way about Haddonfield. Coming from California, where you don't notice much "Americaness" at all, it was great to see all the Colonial style homes and tree lined streets, with almost every house having an American flag. Considering that I am a huge pre-bellum American history buff, the fact that I will be studying American law in a state that had American Revolution battles and right across the river from where most if not all of where this country's philosophies began, I am really happy to be studying law on the east coast.

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Tue May 04, 2010 1:31 pm

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:

I just put my 2 weeks in at work!!!! What a relief! I am planning to spend about 2 weeks in LA just doing nothing really besides going to bars and the beach. I will then go back to SF to spend time with the family - we have a vacation to Miami (never been) in June. Then, I have a backpacking trip with my buddies, and then its off to the east coast in mid July. I can't wait!!

It will be a good break before school starts but I hope to get some 0L prep in before school starts. I know people say not to do it but I really want to get a head start on it all before the game starts. No sense in going into the batter's box if you don't know how to swing a bat.

Best summer ever. Wow. I'm jealous.

I started reading about a week ago. Wouldn't call it "prep" exactly. . . just flipping through books recommended by people here as well as by the lawyers in the family. Don't burn yourself out. But I agree on getting your head in the game. It can't hurt to know just a little bit of the history and how the system works.

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:45 pm

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:

I hear ya bud. One week til I head off to Charleston, Savannah, and then a cruise! I'll probably hit Vegas some weekend in June. I'm gonna work til mid-July, then Im moving back to Raleigh for a week before moving all my crap up to NJ.

As for prep, I just finished reading "Law School Confidential," and am gonna start reading "Getting to Maybe" on the cruise. Im taking one of those Law Preview courses at Duke just before I move, so I'll know the most tactful way to outline and take notes when school starts. I feel like getting a head start is a good way to go, instead of hitting the ground running.

Gonna turn myself in to an outlining machine...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ellebee

New

Post by ellebee » Thu May 06, 2010 1:21 pm

For any of the current students out there:

how are the tests like? Can it be done on a computer or does it have to be handwritten in some kind of blue book like in undergrad? From the information available on the schools website, there is no ranking system right? Are the grades based on a curve like most schools?

Sorry, I'm moving in less than a month and I'm thinking about anything and everything!

JuTMSY4

Bronze

Post by JuTMSY4 » Thu May 06, 2010 2:06 pm

There is no curve

Edit: There is no official curve. Professors may have their own

MBskier

New

Post by MBskier » Sat May 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Last edited by MBskier on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JuTMSY4

Bronze

Post by JuTMSY4 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:58 pm

If anyone's looking for a roommate, shoot me a PM. Another TLSer and I are looking for a 3rd to get a place at the victor while beyond cost conscious...

Thx

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”