OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
GodSpeed

Bronze

Re: Suits (Clothing, not law)

Post by GodSpeed » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:36 am

Pufer wrote:and get really enthused about how outrageous their socks are (which I am totally with GS on).

-Pufer
Pufer is with me on the socks. I win.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:56 am

1) Can anyone recommend me good summer suits? light, good air circulation, etc
2) How many suits & shirts do you recommend for a 8 week SA gig? I have to probably walk/subway a whole lot. I'm 230lbs and predicting I'll sweat quite a bit.

thanks.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:09 am

nooyyllib wrote:1) Can anyone recommend me good summer suits? light, good air circulation, etc
2) How many suits & shirts do you recommend for a 8 week SA gig? I have to probably walk/subway a whole lot. I'm 230lbs and predicting I'll sweat quite a bit.

thanks.
You sure you'll need suits? Just as a precautionary tale, you may want to ask what summer dress at the office is. I was expecting to (and was excited about) buy a bunch of suits for my SA gig but was told that summer dress is shirt w/ slacks :( . I'll still buy suits though . . . I just love 'em.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 am

Stanford4Me wrote: I'll still buy suits though . . . I just love 'em.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:20 am

nooyyllib wrote:I'm 230lbs and predicting I'll sweat quite a bit.
I feel ya, this describes me perfectly (although I've been dieting and I'm now down to about 220). I still sweat like mad though, and despite my love for suits, I'm not looking forward to wearing one in St. Louis in August.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:23 am

romothesavior wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:I'm 230lbs and predicting I'll sweat quite a bit.
I feel ya, this describes me perfectly (although I've been dieting and I'm now down to about 220). I still sweat like mad though, and despite my love for suits, I'm not looking forward to wearing one in St. Louis in August.
230lbs 6 ft tall here; I blame it on HS football. I just try to make myself feel better by remembering how much i used to weigh - 265lbs.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 am

nooyyllib wrote:230lbs 6 ft tall here; I blame it on HS football. I just try to make myself feel better by remembering how much i used to weigh - 265lbs.
Yeah I'm 6ft 220. I wish I could blame it on football, but we all know it was the combination of too much Natty Light freshman year and my inherent laziness.

But I have lost about 10-12 pounds in the past 4-5 weeks or so, so I'm moving in the right direction.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:28 am

romothesavior wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:230lbs 6 ft tall here; I blame it on HS football. I just try to make myself feel better by remembering how much i used to weigh - 265lbs.
Yeah I'm 6ft 220. I wish I could blame it on football, but we all know it was the combination of too much Natty Light freshman year and my inherent laziness.

But I have lost about 10-12 pounds in the past 4-5 weeks or so, so I'm moving in the right direction.
Nice! Well, haven't weighed myself but I'm positive I gained a few pounds and lost significant muscle mass.

I was more of a keystone light/busch light guy LoL

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GodSpeed

Bronze

Post by GodSpeed » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:59 pm

ModerTailor shirts are terrible quality. Jesus fuck. The thing wrinkles to hell in 5 minutes. I felt like I was wearing a piece of paper. That's their alleged $70/shirt material too.

Gatriel

Gold

Post by Gatriel » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:03 pm

So I wore my Oxxford suit out this past weekend for the first time. GREAT SUIT! I highly recommend Oxxford to anyone. Make sure to get it altered.

Upton Sinclair

Bronze

Post by Upton Sinclair » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:05 pm

I know this was probably covered earlier in the thread, but I'm kinda drunk and super lazy.

Anyone have suggestions for skinny dudes? I always look like I'm wearing one of those sideline jackets over shoulder pads. I'm 5'11" 155 for what it's worth.

Gatriel

Gold

Post by Gatriel » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:10 pm

Upton Sinclair wrote:I know this was probably covered earlier in the thread, but I'm kinda drunk and super lazy.

Anyone have suggestions for skinny dudes? I always look like I'm wearing one of those sideline jackets over shoulder pads. I'm 5'11" 155 for what it's worth.
You and I are similar sizes. Buy a 41R and get it altered. Alteration is the key to looking sharp in a suit.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Upton Sinclair

Bronze

Post by Upton Sinclair » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Gatriel wrote:
Upton Sinclair wrote:I know this was probably covered earlier in the thread, but I'm kinda drunk and super lazy.

You and I are similar sizes. Buy a 41R and get it altered. Alteration is the key to looking sharp in a suit.
Quality brands for around $500? I'm looking to grab two new ones. Will a G do, or do I need to sack up and spend more?

HenryKillinger

Bronze

Post by HenryKillinger » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Can anyone recommend any tailors in SF?

Mr. Fancy

Silver

Post by Mr. Fancy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:43 pm

HenryKillinger wrote:Can anyone recommend any tailors in SF?
I have had good luck w/ SF Tailors in Union Square between Grant and Stockton.

HenryKillinger

Bronze

Post by HenryKillinger » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:44 pm

schrutebeetfarms wrote:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/san-francisco-t ... -francisco
these guys?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mr. Fancy

Silver

Post by Mr. Fancy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:47 pm

HenryKillinger wrote:
schrutebeetfarms wrote:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/san-francisco-t ... -francisco
these guys?
Yeah. Looks like they have pretty good reviews too. But you may be able to find something closer/cheaper on yelp.

Gatriel

Gold

Post by Gatriel » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:00 am

Upton Sinclair wrote:
Gatriel wrote:

Quality brands for around $500? I'm looking to grab two new ones. Will a G do, or do I need to sack up and spend more?
I'd get quality stuff on eBay, its what I have always done, and it has never burned me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hickey-Freeman-Grey ... 673wt_1141

Same manufacturer as Obama's suits

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hart-Schaffner-Marx ... 443wt_1141

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:03 pm

i hope my firm's attire is just business casual (chinos, dress shirt, and maybe a tie)....but probably not...

HenryKillinger

Bronze

Post by HenryKillinger » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:27 am

I don't go to a whole lot of formal events (about 1 a year for about the last 5) but I'm wondering if it might be worth getting a nicely tailored tux so long as it isn't ridiculously expensive. I figure it cuts out the $50-$100 plus three trips to the rental place for every time I'd have to rent one, with the added benefit of looking better and being more comfortable than a rental ever would be.

Does anyone here own their own tuxedo? Is it a good idea or what?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 am

HenryKillinger wrote:Does anyone here own their own tuxedo? Is it a good idea or what?
I don't, but I will once I need one

Gatriel

Gold

Post by Gatriel » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm trying to get a good deal on one online. Armani makes a really nice tux.

GodSpeed

Bronze

Post by GodSpeed » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Need a new suit, but I love to be uber conservative. I've got two solid navy suits and three solid grey/charcoal suit. I only have two or three non-solid suits. Now taking suggestions. No checkered bullshit.

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:04 am

GodSpeed wrote:Need a new suit, but I love to be uber conservative. I've got two solid navy suits and three solid grey/charcoal suit. I only have two or three non-solid suits. Now taking suggestions. No checkered bullshit.
well, summer's coming: medium blue, lightish brown, medium grey? Does your dislike of check extend to windowpane/plaid?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”