SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
devilishangelrjp

Bronze

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by devilishangelrjp » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:33 pm

meowmeow wrote:I have an interview on Thursday but I don't have any details
on where it is. It just says Washington DC. On the scheduler I pressed details
and it doesn't have any specifics!
Anyone know how to figure out the address?!?

Help!!
You are probably going to have to send an email or call them or something telling them the problem, and fast.

meowmeow

Bronze

Post by meowmeow » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:07 pm

FYI..
To find out the address go to where u made ur appt.
Then on that page scroll your location and hit the spyglass
icon to the right this will tell you the location by date

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:42 am

kurama20 wrote:
Rand M. wrote:So, in reading through the back pages of this thread I saw even YLS was not enough to get certain people accepted. I understand that there is a strong preference for T14 deposits, but my question is where does the prevailing sentiment that says if you are going to a T6 you are safe come from? I don't mean to say anyone is wrong I am really just curious as to why people seem to believe this when a lot of people who sent in their T14 deposits to SEO got flat out rejected. Any thoughts?

Frankly I think that they're wrong. The fact that there were 5 people from Penn last year and 4 from UVA , but only 4 from NYU and 1 from Chicago helps to discredit that. They do have a preference for HYSCC, but they still look at other factors. Unfortunately, I get the vibe that GPA for example, is important. Your interview skills are also very important. These factors are at least as important as your school once you have been accepted to top 14 schools.
I know right? Has anyone ever made SEO with anything below a 3.5 GPA? I haven't seen it. Maybe I need to look at ALL of the profiles. I do feel a bit safer because my GPA is above 3.5. But it's a holistic process.

ogman05

Bronze

Post by ogman05 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:49 pm

PDaddy wrote:
kurama20 wrote:
Rand M. wrote:So, in reading through the back pages of this thread I saw even YLS was not enough to get certain people accepted. I understand that there is a strong preference for T14 deposits, but my question is where does the prevailing sentiment that says if you are going to a T6 you are safe come from? I don't mean to say anyone is wrong I am really just curious as to why people seem to believe this when a lot of people who sent in their T14 deposits to SEO got flat out rejected. Any thoughts?

Frankly I think that they're wrong. The fact that there were 5 people from Penn last year and 4 from UVA , but only 4 from NYU and 1 from Chicago helps to discredit that. They do have a preference for HYSCC, but they still look at other factors. Unfortunately, I get the vibe that GPA for example, is important. Your interview skills are also very important. These factors are at least as important as your school once you have been accepted to top 14 schools.
I know right? Has anyone ever made SEO with anything below a 3.5 GPA? I haven't seen it. Maybe I need to look at ALL of the profiles. I do feel a bit safer because my GPA is above 3.5. But it's a holistic process.
I sure hope so...
Last edited by ogman05 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:29 am

Me too...not a stellar GPA, but with a great positive upward trend. I'm hoping though that if I can get into the T14, then I should maybe be able to sneak in to SEO...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

That_Guy_There

New

Post by That_Guy_There » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:06 am

Is anybody interviewing this Saturday in DC? The location still says TBD (after clicking the spyglass).

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:12 am

Can anyone provide a link to these 'profiles' that everyone is talking about?

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:16 am

Anyone who has interviewed last week that has any comments on the process? Any more suggestions not already covered?

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Just so everyone knows, SEO checks these forums. Also they don't interview as many people as everyone thinks. So if you get an interview I would keep details to a PM.

ps
jan about 12-15 interview slots
feb i think 20 or 24
there are some scheduled later in the year as well but i didn't check that far back on the scheduler

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

coollegemex

Bronze

Post by coollegemex » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 pm

ranovr32 wrote:Just so everyone knows, SEO checks these forums. Also they don't interview as many people as everyone thinks. So if you get an interview I would keep details to a PM.

ps
jan about 12-15 interview slots
feb i think 20 or 24
there are some scheduled later in the year as well but i didn't check that far back on the scheduler
rather ominous

kareenak888

New

Post by kareenak888 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:12 pm

Question: How do I find contact info about previous SEO alums?

I wanted to ask them questions!!!

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:32 am

*shamelessly self-serving bump*

Anyone got any more thoughts?

coollegemex

Bronze

Post by coollegemex » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 pm

What happened to the advice well haha... some have interviewed already right? Share some details - I still feel blind about this entire process.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:05 pm

I've started my application for SEO (trying to complete the essays)...is this necessary for law school? Or will SEO just give you access to more networking opportunities?

SimonSaysStudy

New

Post by SimonSaysStudy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Last edited by SimonSaysStudy on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:38 am

Question: Should we fax SEO the acceptance letters for all schools we have listed as having been "Accepted" by, or just the letter of the school we plan on attending?

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Core wrote:Question: Should we fax SEO the acceptance letters for all schools we have listed as having been "Accepted" by, or just the letter of the school we plan on attending?
Bumping myself. The e-mail is a bit unclear.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Core wrote:
Core wrote:Question: Should we fax SEO the acceptance letters for all schools we have listed as having been "Accepted" by, or just the letter of the school we plan on attending?
All.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:40 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Core wrote:
All.
Thanks!

meowmeow

Bronze

Post by meowmeow » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:40 pm

You need to fax all the acceptance letters you get and then a copy of the depoist you make to the school you end up enrolled to. I mean but if you get accepted to like Cooley i wouldnt send that, but any T14 acceptances need to be faxed

groundkontrol

Bronze

Post by groundkontrol » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:34 pm

I applied to SEO on December 15th but I still haven't heard anything yet. Last week I received a brochure from them asking me to apply. Today I received an email from them telling me to apply. Is it possible that they never received my application? I did get the confirmation email after I submitted.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jerjon2

Bronze

Post by jerjon2 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Interviewed last week, PM if anyone wants a new perspective.

BlankC

New

Post by BlankC » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:10 pm

groundkontrol wrote:I applied to SEO on December 15th but I still haven't heard anything yet. Last week I received a brochure from them asking me to apply. Today I received an email from them telling me to apply. Is it possible that they never received my application? I did get the confirmation email after I submitted.
That's weird. If it were me, I'd call them up or email them and ask if there was a problem with the application.

I just sent my app in a couple weeks ago, and didn't send law school apps until Jan. 15, so I have a feeling my SEO app is DOA.

Sakura3210

Bronze

Post by Sakura3210 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:51 pm

Hey guys, how long after app submission does it usually take to get an interview offer?

BlankC

New

Post by BlankC » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Sakura3210 wrote:Hey guys, how long after app submission does it usually take to get an interview offer?
From having read some of the thread and stuff elsewhere, people seem to be saying as early as a few days/a week to pretty much final admissions decisions for telephone interview. I'm guessing they do something like an invisible waitlist and just keep people waiting if they don't know if they want them yet, but I don't know.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”