SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TheSharklord

Bronze

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by TheSharklord » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:14 pm

SolarWind wrote:
iminlstrick wrote:Anyone hear about interviews yet?
Nope.. still waiting, guess we'll hear after holidays if they do want to interview us?
Well...it's good to know I didn't miss anything...

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:02 pm

interview invites are coming out....

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:06 pm

Got one!

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:10 pm

Umm... are we supposed to fax acceptance letters to them?

iminlstrick

Bronze

Post by iminlstrick » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:10 pm

Just got one!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kardashian

New

Post by Kardashian » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:18 pm

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for an in-person interview. There are no phone screens for the Corporate Law Program. We have a limited number of time slots available. Dates and times for interviews are NOT flexible. What you see on the schedule clearly reflects what is available. Interviews are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. We encourage you to take advantage of this great opportunity and register for an interview ASAP. Below you will find the instructions to access the SEO Career Program - Interview Schedule. In-person interviews are approximately 30-35 minutes.

All interviews are local time based on the location you choose e.g. Chicago = CST. If you are studying abroad and/or choose to conduct your interview via telephone or Skype, your interview will be Eastern Standard Time (EST). If you have a webcam, we will do a video conference. Please dress professionally. Please send your confirmation email and Skype name to interview@seo-usa.org.

Preparing for Your Interview

We have prepared a brief webinar to help you prepare for the SEO interview. Please click here to access the webinar: --LinkRemoved--. For best results use Internet Explorer. Click here to download Webex.

Law School Documents and Application Status

Please fax your law school acceptance letters and ultimately your enrollment letter to 1-646-861-4899. We tell our partners that all program participants are enrolled in law school. We need your enrollment letter as proof. We will need that information to make a final decision, but we recognize you may not be able to provide it until March or April. As soon as you have these documents, please send them to us. Also, please remember log back into your application (https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=seo) and update your law school application status regularly.

Transcripts and Recommendations

If you haven't done so already, please have an official transcript from all colleges/universities you have attended mailed to our offices. We will need the official transcript to make our final decision.

The SEO Recommendation Form is attached. Please print this form and provide it to your recommender. We accept recommendations from faculty or employers. We cannot provide the form as a Word document. Be sure to use a PC and the latest version of Adobe. We require one recommendation prior to reaching a decision. Your professor or employer should return the form to us directly via fax or mail as soon as possible.

Our fax number is: (646) 861-4899.

Our address is:

SEO Career Program

Attn: Transcripts/Recommendations

55 Exchange Place, 6th Floor

New York, NY 10005.

Due to our limited capacity, we will not be able to confirm the receipt of supporting documents individually. We must have your official transcript and recommendation on file to make a final decision. If we are missing that information, we will notify you. You do not need to bring the recommendation with you to the interview and we do not need to receive it before the interview. Please encourage your recommenders to send them in as soon as possible.

Applications with Partner Firms

Also, please remember log back into your application (https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=seo) and update the Application with Partner Firms section regularly.

SEO Scheduler Instructions

· Click here to access the SEO Scheduler: http://clseoinperson.seousa.timetrade.com

· Select “Click here to schedule a new interview” to begin the process.

· Choose a location from the drop down menu*

· Select the spyglass icon next to the location dropdown box to get more detailed information closer to the date of your interview.

· Choose a slot on the calendar. White slots are available slots.

· Confirm your account information. YOU MUST CHOOSE A NEW USER NAME, different from your phone screen user name. You will need your ApplyYourself PIN to complete this process. The PIN you provide must match our records or your interview selection will be revoked. If you have forgotten your pin, please click here https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=seo and choose Forgot your PIN or Password? If you are unable to retrieve your PIN, please contact us.

· You will receive an interview confirmation email.

· After you select a slot and confirm your account information, you will be able to use the user name and password you have chosen to cancel or change your selections or to edit your account information.

*Interview Location Address and Instructions

· Applicants are responsible for all expenses incurred for travel and lodging.

· Please log back into the SEO Online Scheduler. Under make appointment, choose the location for your Interview. Select the spyglass icon next to the location dropdown box to get more detailed information closer to the date of your interview. The actual interview address will be listed by date in the details.

Please review the interview tips and FAQs on our website – http://www.seo-usa.org/career. If you have any additional questions that are not answered online, please contact us at careerprogram@seo-usa.org.

Congratulations and Good Luck!

Sincerely,

The SEO Career Program

kinch

Bronze

Post by kinch » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Yep, just got one.

boss

New

Post by boss » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Is there anyone who doesn't get an interview?

mi-chan17

Bronze

Post by mi-chan17 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Got the invite. Nervous as heck.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

march319

New

Post by march319 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:31 pm

Didn't get an email yet. I hope this means I wasn't rejected. What city are you guys interviewing in?

march319

New

Post by march319 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Can the people who have been invited for an interview please post their stats?

GPA:
LSAT:
URM Type:
Submission Date:

Thanks!

Kardashian

New

Post by Kardashian » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:05 pm

GPA: 3.86
LSAT: 163
URM: HISP
SUBMISSION; MID NOVEMEBER
INTER CITY: DC

Foozle

Bronze

Post by Foozle » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:40 pm

march319 wrote:Can the people who have been invited for an interview please post their stats?

GPA:
LSAT:
URM Type:
Submission Date:

Thanks!
Non-URMs (namely, Asians) can participate in SEO too.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

groundkontrol

Bronze

Post by groundkontrol » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:31 pm

Looking at the thread from last year it looks like all interview invitations went out on the same day last year. It looks like this year all invitations came out today. I guess this means I was rejected :(

It sucks because I really wanted this and thought I put together a very solid essay and application. Oh well.

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:32 pm

groundkontrol wrote:Looking at the thread from last year it looks like all interview invitations went out on the same day last year. It looks like this year all invitations came out today. I guess this means I was rejected :(

It sucks because I really wanted this and thought I put together a very solid essay and application. Oh well.
I didn't think I deserved a spot anyway, so grats to all the people that (hopefully) deserve this internship and good luck in getting it. :D

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Foozle wrote:
march319 wrote:Can the people who have been invited for an interview please post their stats?

GPA:
LSAT:
URM Type:
Submission Date:

Thanks!
Actually for the purposes of SEO Asians ARE URMs... isn't that amazing? :lol:

But yeah, quick question... anybody else able to schedule an interview for Atlanta or Washington D.C.? Or does it show that the spots aren't available for scheduling yet?

Thanks for the help!

chinny123

New

Post by chinny123 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:41 pm

GPA:
LSAT:
URM Type:
Submission Date:

Thanks!
GPA: 3.56
LSAT: 174
URM Type: Non-URM, Asian
Submission Date: Early November?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mi-chan17

Bronze

Post by mi-chan17 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 pm

GPA: 3.5
LSAT: 169
URM Type: Hispanic
Submission Date: Early November-ish

jerjon2

Bronze

Post by jerjon2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:13 pm

SolarWind wrote:
Foozle wrote:

GPA:
LSAT:
URM Type:
Submission Date:

Thanks!
Actually for the purposes of SEO Asians ARE URMs... isn't that amazing? :lol:

But yeah, quick question... anybody else able to schedule an interview for Atlanta or Washington D.C.? Or does it show that the spots aren't available for scheduling yet?

Thanks for the help!
I didn't see any available spots for Atlanta. I scheduled one of the phone/skype interviews. I was going to email to ask them if they were all out of those hadn't been posted yet and if they hadn't been posted yet I would re do my appointment for an Atlanta one if possible.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:19 am

Can you tell me what they say about the Atlanta spots? Thanks... NYC is kind of a stretch for me to go to.
Last edited by Nom Sawyer on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:32 am

All the interview spots in NYC/DC are taken. Hot damn that was fast. I wonder if i'm out of luck then?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

coollegemex

Bronze

Post by coollegemex » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:44 am

Interviewing in LA - sucks that it lands right in the middle of a conference I have to present at in Dallas but should be worth it in the end. Good luck All.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:54 am

Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimonSaysStudy

New

Post by SimonSaysStudy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:05 am

GPA: 3.8
LSAT: 165
URM Type: AA
Submission Date: October-ish

Foozle

Bronze

Post by Foozle » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:36 am

It looks like more spots opened up. I was gonna interview in NYC before, but now I can do it in DC!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”