Simpson, PW, or Latham (NYC - Corporate)? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Simpson, PW, or Latham (NYC - Corporate)?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:34 pm

Hi and thanks in advance for your help. I am choosing between 3 firms, all in NYC, for summer 2025: Simpson Thatcher, Paul, Weiss, or Latham. I am interested in corporate work generally. I have not narrowed down my corporate interests into further specific sub-practices, but some that seem interesting are: M&A, Funds, and Finance.

Outside of work, priority factors for me are: days in office vs WFH and family and parent benefits

FF2020

New

Re: Simpson, PW, or Latham (NYC - Corporate)?

Post by FF2020 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:34 pm
Hi and thanks in advance for your help. I am choosing between 3 firms, all in NYC, for summer 2025: Simpson Thatcher, Paul, Weiss, or Latham. I am interested in corporate work generally. I have not narrowed down my corporate interests into further specific sub-practices, but some that seem interesting are: M&A, Funds, and Finance.

Outside of work, priority factors for me are: days in office vs WFH and family and parent benefits
Simpson has decent teams in all of those areas, and across varied specialties. (Public and Private Equity M&A, borrower and lender-side finance.) Paul Weiss would be next - great M&A (like Simpson, both private and public), decent Funds, not as much of a finance footprint outside the PE borrower work. Latham's ok in mid-market private equity M&A (with some public work) and really good in all facets of finance, but doesn't have as much of a funds team in NY as the other two.

Benefits will be comparable at all three firms. WFH policies may differ (but are a moving target, still).

If you do go to Simpson, please make sure you spell the firm's name correctly.

Anonymous User

Re: Simpson, PW, or Latham (NYC - Corporate)?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:19 pm

Do second looks at all of those firms and tell the associates you are having a hard time picking between them, see what they say, and compare and contrast. Also use Chambers to get a sense of the firm profiles in those practice areas.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”