Exit options for tax? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Exit options for tax?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:49 am

First year associate here. At my firm, all the junior associates are in a general pool and are free to do whatever they want before choosing a practice area in the third year. I'm pretty interested in tax, but there's seems to be no exit options. I'm not sure I want to spend my career at biglaw. Any advice would appreciated.

nealric

Re: Exit options for tax?

Post by nealric » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:49 am
First year associate here. At my firm, all the junior associates are in a general pool and are free to do whatever they want before choosing a practice area in the third year. I'm pretty interested in tax, but there's seems to be no exit options. I'm not sure I want to spend my career at biglaw. Any advice would appreciated.
Why do you think there are no exit options? In general, I think tax has great exit options. You have all the in-house options of corporate, but you also have much more robust government options on top of that. The IRS is pretty desperate for talent these days (then there's Treasury, DOJ Tax, and SALT agencies). Plus, you have Big4 as an option (may be similar to biglaw, but often better geographic flexibility and may be a more attractive option for some at the senior levels). I went biglaw tax to in-house and has multiple options to do so.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”