Quinn Remote Hires Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Quinn Remote Hires

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:54 pm

Any intel on qualifications of Quinn's full-time remote hires? Specifically curious if the firm has more demanding requirements (higher GPA, more prestigious clerkships or schools, etc.) for applicants who are only interested in working fully remote.

WilliamFaulkner

New

Re: Quinn Remote Hires

Post by WilliamFaulkner » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:54 pm
Any intel on qualifications of Quinn's full-time remote hires? Specifically curious if the firm has more demanding requirements (higher GPA, more prestigious clerkships or schools, etc.) for applicants who are only interested in working fully remote.
Following. My understanding of Quinn's remote policy is that all lawyers are still expected to be able to access the office should the need arise. So, no globetrotting for the remote lawyer -- your office is in one place and you're expected to stay within a radius of it.

goldenflash19

Silver

Post by goldenflash19 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:51 pm

Bummer - I read their anywhere in the US ad on LinkedIn as meaning Hawaii was an option. They need to put an asterisk and continental on there.

BurnerNumberOne

New

Post by BurnerNumberOne » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:52 pm

WilliamFaulkner wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:10 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Following. My understanding of Quinn's remote policy is that all lawyers are still expected to be able to access the office should the need arise. So, no globetrotting for the remote lawyer -- your office is in one place and you're expected to stay within a radius of it.
That’s pretty good for those of us who want to live in the quieter spots outside of the metropolitan areas. How often does the need to go in arise?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:04 pm

WilliamFaulkner wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Would like to know more about this. Understanding that living in Nepal is probably unreasonable, what about Alaska or Hawaii? Or somewhere like Missoula more than a short-notice drive away from a QE office?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:59 am

WilliamFaulkner wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Not true. Can be anywhere in the United States, not just continental. There is no requirement or expectation that we "stay within a radius" of any office. We continue to be technically attached to a specific office only for HR, partnership, etc. purposes.

Only expectation is that we be awake during the working ours of our home office. So as a practical matter that may make it difficult to live full-time in Hawaii while working for the NY office. But you could do it while working for one of the CA offices for example.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:56 am

Do you have any info on the Miami office?

Since it’s virtual, does Quinn still stovepipe hiring decisions based on need through a specific office?

Or can you be “in Miami” or a city nearby and work for partners out of NY mainly?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Current V100 junior associate/future clerk also wondering this and if anyone has insights on how a potential remote QE associate should pick a "home" office to apply? For example, is it best to pick the office geographically closest to your residence, a large office with a big headcount, or one where you have a connection to help get in the door? Ideally want to minimize travel as I'm over an hour from a major airport.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:09 pm

It's fully remote, no expectation at all you go into the office. Indeed, I'm always getting asked if I plan to continue being fully remote so they can figure out how much office space they need. I know an associate who lives on the opposite coast of their office. I see partners who are always on zoom from their ski cottages or house in the Hamptons.

As far as I know, there is no difference in terms of hiring requirements (which for laterals is pretty low, since they're always looking for bodies given how much work there is).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:09 pm
It's fully remote, no expectation at all you go into the office. Indeed, I'm always getting asked if I plan to continue being fully remote so they can figure out how much office space they need. I know an associate who lives on the opposite coast of their office. I see partners who are always on zoom from their ski cottages or house in the Hamptons.

As far as I know, there is no difference in terms of hiring requirements (which for laterals is pretty low, since they're always looking for bodies given how much work there is).
Are A3 clerks fairly competitive for remote options? Does one need to be fairly senior to have a decent shot at the remote option? Also, I assume the billable requirement would be the same for those who go remote?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:12 pm

Any insight into whether the bankruptcy group accepts remote hires?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:55 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:09 pm

Are A3 clerks fairly competitive for remote options? Does one need to be fairly senior to have a decent shot at the remote option? Also, I assume the billable requirement would be the same for those who go remote?
There is no competition and no difference in billable requirements - it is a firmwide policy. Anyone can work from anywhere forever.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:55 am

Bumping this thread to ask whether you can change home offices for bar passage purposes. If I was offered in NYC but don't want to take that bar, can I choose a home office in a state where I am already barred?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”