Signing Bonus for a Mid-level Associate? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
harveyspector3112

New

Signing Bonus for a Mid-level Associate?

Post by harveyspector3112 » Sun May 15, 2022 11:29 am

Does anyone know what the current "market" signing bonus is for a mid-level associate? (I am not in M&A, in case that matters). What would be a reasonable number to ask for?

Anonymous User

Re: Signing Bonus for a Mid-level Associate?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 16, 2022 3:41 pm

I just signed an offer letter. Initially I didn’t receive a signing bonus, but I asked for $30K and the firm (Amlaw 10) agreed. I’m a third year associate in a specialty group.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 16, 2022 3:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:41 pm
I just signed an offer letter. Initially I didn’t receive a signing bonus, but I asked for $30K and the firm (Amlaw 10) agreed. I’m a third year associate in a specialty group.
Did the bonus come with a full year clawback?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 16, 2022 5:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:53 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:41 pm
Did the bonus come with a full year clawback?
Got 45k as soon-to-be third year. Non-NY major market, switching practice groups into a non-M&A transactional practice from a V10 to a V30. They started around the 30k mark but once I got some other matches I was able to negotiate it up. I had several offers and each and every one came with a one-year clawback.

One thing to negotiate for as well is a guaranteed market-rate bonus with prorated hours requirement. I only have to bill ~1000 hours from Mid June to January to get a full market-rate bonus instead of the usual 2000.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 17, 2022 1:25 pm

Mid-level corporate associate looking to lateral. Any firms still handing out $100k signing bonuses?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”