Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 400932
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:07 pm

Just heard from folks that Dorsey and Whitney is opening an office in Phoenix. Im wondering what the compensation scale will look like? I am coming from Denver and considered their salt lake city office but the pay was not going to work compared to what's happening to their housing market.

Anonymous User
Posts: 400932
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:01 am

Bump. Interested as well.

Rowseat2

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:13 am

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by Rowseat2 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:51 am

I can’t speak for that firm, but I know that DLA pays NY market in Phoenix and that the “big” Phoenix firms pay ~170k to either first or second years. I have friends currently working in Phoenix, so if a bump happens to match the current raises I would know quick.

Anonymous User
Posts: 400932
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:06 pm

I'm actually surprised that you don't hear about Arizona markets much, it's a booming region these days.

Anonymous User
Posts: 400932
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:24 pm

I didn't realize DLA was in Phoenix. I hear they are going to Utah as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


BrowsingTLS

New
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by BrowsingTLS » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:26 pm

Thinking of lateraling. Anyone know how I can get a reservation at Dorsey's?

MiltonsOpus

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 10:54 am

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by MiltonsOpus » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:17 pm

BrowsingTLS wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:26 pm
Thinking of lateraling. Anyone know how I can get a reservation at Dorsey's?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63eZ4xvsPA8

Anonymous User
Posts: 400932
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:05 pm

Quarles & Brady folks, what kind of offers are you getting from Dorsey that are making you jump ship? Curious because I was looking at Q&B for a lateral gig.

Anonymous User
Posts: 400932
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:05 pm
Quarles & Brady folks, what kind of offers are you getting from Dorsey that are making you jump ship? Curious because I was looking at Q&B for a lateral gig.
QB associate in different office here. This is hearsay, but I've heard that the three BK partners that left to Dorsey weren't our "A team". I cannot independently verify that. What I can say is that there has been an uptick in departures from the PHX office in the last several months, both partners + associates. Seems in part due to new entrants into the PHX market that pay better. The firm recently announced starting salary will be $175k, so we'll see if that staunches the bleeding. My impression is that lateraling to our PHX office depends on your practice group (e.g., healthcare is strong, but the ones with weak bench strength should be considered with caution).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Anonymous User
Posts: 400932
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:35 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:05 pm
Quarles & Brady folks, what kind of offers are you getting from Dorsey that are making you jump ship? Curious because I was looking at Q&B for a lateral gig.
QB associate in different office here. This is hearsay, but I've heard that the three BK partners that left to Dorsey weren't our "A team". I cannot independently verify that. What I can say is that there has been an uptick in departures from the PHX office in the last several months, both partners + associates. Seems in part due to new entrants into the PHX market that pay better. The firm recently announced starting salary will be $175k, so we'll see if that staunches the bleeding. My impression is that lateraling to our PHX office depends on your practice group (e.g., healthcare is strong, but the ones with weak bench strength should be considered with caution).
QB in Phoenix is widely regarded as a sinking ship, so I don't imagine it takes much to jump ship.

Anonymous User
Posts: 400932
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:37 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:35 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:05 pm
Quarles & Brady folks, what kind of offers are you getting from Dorsey that are making you jump ship? Curious because I was looking at Q&B for a lateral gig.
QB associate in different office here. This is hearsay, but I've heard that the three BK partners that left to Dorsey weren't our "A team". I cannot independently verify that. What I can say is that there has been an uptick in departures from the PHX office in the last several months, both partners + associates. Seems in part due to new entrants into the PHX market that pay better. The firm recently announced starting salary will be $175k, so we'll see if that staunches the bleeding. My impression is that lateraling to our PHX office depends on your practice group (e.g., healthcare is strong, but the ones with weak bench strength should be considered with caution).
QB in Phoenix is widely regarded as a sinking ship, so I don't imagine it takes much to jump ship.
Any idea why that office is seen as a sinking ship?

Anonymous User
Posts: 400932
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:58 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:37 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:35 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:05 pm
Quarles & Brady folks, what kind of offers are you getting from Dorsey that are making you jump ship? Curious because I was looking at Q&B for a lateral gig.
QB associate in different office here. This is hearsay, but I've heard that the three BK partners that left to Dorsey weren't our "A team". I cannot independently verify that. What I can say is that there has been an uptick in departures from the PHX office in the last several months, both partners + associates. Seems in part due to new entrants into the PHX market that pay better. The firm recently announced starting salary will be $175k, so we'll see if that staunches the bleeding. My impression is that lateraling to our PHX office depends on your practice group (e.g., healthcare is strong, but the ones with weak bench strength should be considered with caution).
QB in Phoenix is widely regarded as a sinking ship, so I don't imagine it takes much to jump ship.
Any idea why that office is seen as a sinking ship?
Largely associate/partner flight, taking on embarrassing cases, high billable expectations (not even just for Phoenix) and frequently low pay. Obviously there's no objective way to measure community sentiment, but my peers and I have been expecting QB to capsize for as long as we've been active in the market. They haven't yet, so, who knows!

Anonymous User
Posts: 400932
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:57 pm

Anyone know what Dorsey Phoenix starting salary is or for 3rd years?

Anonymous User
Posts: 400932
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Dorsey and Whitney in Phoenix - anyone know the comp scale?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:57 pm

^poster above, I asked a friend in another office at Dorsey who said they couldn't find the payscale for Phoenix anywhere even tho the firm is lockstep lol. Your best luck will be to ask some former Quarles folks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”