Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:51 pm

Since the other bonus thread has devolved into typical nonsense, let’s start a new thread here. PW associates are supposed to get notified about special bonuses this week. If you work at PW and receive a special bonus, please post:

1. Practice group
2. Class year
3. Annualized hours
4. Special bonus amount

Hopefully we can collect some data points and see exactly who is getting these bonuses and can help similarly situated people at other firms understand whether they are being paid below market.

Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:18 pm

I don’t think many people will want to post all the data points OP asked for, but has anyone heard of anyone being told they’re getting a bonus yet? As a PW corporate associate it seems odd that the week is halfway over and I haven’t heard of anyone getting one yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:18 pm
I don’t think many people will want to post all the data points OP asked for, but has anyone heard of anyone being told they’re getting a bonus yet? As a PW corporate associate it seems odd that the week is halfway over and I haven’t heard of anyone getting one yet.
Also at PW and have not heard of anyone hearing. Classic.

Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:44 pm

I’m at PW and have heard that some people were notified by phone earlier this week

Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:39 pm

1. M&A
2. 2018 or 2017
3. 2900-ish
4. 80K

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:17 pm

Midlevel litigator at PW here. All I've heard is that 3rd-6th years in M&A and Cap Mkts have been getting anywhere from $30-$65K and were told explicitly that it is based on hours through 1H 2021. Somewhat odd, but it seems that although the intent of these bonuses is clearly to retain people in short-staffed practice groups, there are no conditions on the bonuses--i.e., no clawback if someone leaves before a certain time in 2022.

Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:24 pm

Does any first or second year get this?

Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:05 pm

Class of 2020 litigation. Got a five figure special bonus. Will not write the exact amount in case it is not uniform, in which case I out myself, but thanks partners.<3

Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:34 am

I’m also at PW and my special bonus generally lines up with what others have posted. Thankful for the PW partners for recognizing associates for their hard work so far this year. Looking forward to the bonuses that will get paid at the start of next year in respect of the second half of 2021!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:19 pm

Class Year: 2017
Practice Group: Corporate, but not M&A
Annualized Billables based on Jan-June 2021: ~3000
Bonus: 55-65k

Note that this is for the 6 month period Jan-June, and they promised another bonus in February based on July-December.

Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:48 am

Class Year: 2019
Practice: Corporate
Hours: annualizing ~2800
Bonus: 40-50k

Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:51 pm
Since the other bonus thread has devolved into typical nonsense, let’s start a new thread here. PW associates are supposed to get notified about special bonuses this week. If you work at PW and receive a special bonus, please post:

1. Practice group
2. Class year
3. Annualized hours
4. Special bonus amount

Hopefully we can collect some data points and see exactly who is getting these bonuses and can help similarly situated people at other firms understand whether they are being paid below market.
1. Not PW other v25 Funds Group
2. 2017
3. 3200 plus
4. $120k

DukeMountain

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by DukeMountain » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:28 am
1. Not PW other v25 Funds Group
2. 2017
3. 3200 plus
4. $120k
[/quote]

3200 - ouch

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:28 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:51 pm
Since the other bonus thread has devolved into typical nonsense, let’s start a new thread here. PW associates are supposed to get notified about special bonuses this week. If you work at PW and receive a special bonus, please post:

1. Practice group
2. Class year
3. Annualized hours
4. Special bonus amount

Hopefully we can collect some data points and see exactly who is getting these bonuses and can help similarly situated people at other firms understand whether they are being paid below market.
1. Not PW other v25 Funds Group
2. 2017
3. 3200 plus
4. $120k
What sort of person posts their non-Paul, Weiss bonus in a thread which is specifically for PAUL, WEISS special bonuses? Get a clue. Anon because Paul, Weiss associate and posted my bonus ITT.

Anonymous User
Posts: 385051
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Paul Weiss Associates: Post your special bonus here

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:43 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:28 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:51 pm
Since the other bonus thread has devolved into typical nonsense, let’s start a new thread here. PW associates are supposed to get notified about special bonuses this week. If you work at PW and receive a special bonus, please post:

1. Practice group
2. Class year
3. Annualized hours
4. Special bonus amount

Hopefully we can collect some data points and see exactly who is getting these bonuses and can help similarly situated people at other firms understand whether they are being paid below market.
1. Not PW other v25 Funds Group
2. 2017
3. 3200 plus
4. $120k
What sort of person posts their non-Paul, Weiss bonus in a thread which is specifically for PAUL, WEISS special bonuses? Get a clue. Anon because Paul, Weiss associate and posted my bonus ITT.
We all win when the secret bonuses aren’t secret. And a firm blowing PW out of the water.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”