How healthy is IP litigation as a practice field & how are the exit options? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: How healthy is IP litigation as a practice field & how are the exit options?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:40 am
Very informative thread, thanks.

Two questions:

1. Are the exit options substantially different for an IP litigator that does primarily copyright/trademark/trade secret work as opposed to patent work?

2. Looking at firm profiles at large "soft IP" groups, I've noticed a few litigators have listed experience with counseling and transactional matters. Would going to firm that lets you do some counseling meaningfully increase exit options?
Anyone talking about IP lit likely really means patent lit. Trademarks are the next most active area and are sorta similar, but the y are their own thing. I think I know like three people who do mostly copyright, and they are more general litigators. Kinda just the nature of each.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”